Sign in to follow this  
RiverSong

Dare Devil Facilities, How Adventurous Are You!

In the golden age of cruise lines daytime actives on board would include games like Shuffleboard or bridge, but with the growth in the industry how this has changed!

With new ships being launched facilities offered are now looking to attract the thrill seekers amongst us.  It’s almost the normality to see a Rock Climbing Walls, Water Slides or Wave Stimulator on deck with Ice-skating rings and blowing allies below.   But how far can the lines take this?  For instance.

You can “Walk The Plank” eight feet off the side of the ship on NCL Breakaway,

“Ripcord By iFly” The skydiving simulator on Royal Caribbean’s Quantum Class,

Or on Carnival Vista looking to return to Europe in 2016 they offer a Pedal-Powered Skyride Elevated 150 feet above the sea.

Admittedly these attractions will not appeal to everyone and if this is not your thing there are plenty of cruise line that offer a different experience, but limits are getting pushed with each new launch.

So have you tried any of these actives?  What do you think they will come up with next?

My question would be are these activities covered by your holiday insurance as you have to sign a waiver to participate.

Could come as a nasty shock if you're not and with the costs of the on board medical facilities.

Good question, I doubt your own holiday insurance would cover this?

When I went to the Caribbean I wanted to do the zip lining tour, I checked with my holiday insurance before hand, especially due to my injuries, and they said that no travel insurance would provide cover for zip lining whether able bodied or not. So if you have an accident on the boat one would imagine you wouldn't be covered. 

It would make you wonder if you were covered for any of the other different activities. 

In our younger days we've tried everything available such as swimming with 6 foot long nurse sharks off the coast of Belize, parasailing, zip lining, etc. Not on a cruise I even bungee jumped once in the Ozarks. Most of the ones you mentioned were not available then. Had they been we would have tried it. No insurance would not have mattered. Now the most dangerous thing we do now (my opinion only) is shop!