15 hours ago, Terry 772238 said:

I was informed that all gratuities are 100% allocated to all crew members   However as crew members include the captain down I don't agree with this as they get well paid anyway. Unless I have this wrong?? 

You could be right or you could be wrong Terry.

This is the problem with P&O and cruiselines in general there is nothing concrete out there, it's widely said that if crew members score less than excellent on their feed back forms their share of the gratuity pot is withdrawn.

But who knows whether it's true or not, no one from the company will commit 100% and give a straight answer.

More and more people nowadays appear to be 'opting out' because they don't know the truth about where their money is going and who to, many now like me pay individuals who serve us best, what they do with it is up to them.

I no longer worry about it.

HLM.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:39 AM, HLM said:

My sentiments exactly Jaczs, service is part of the holiday fee, gratuities are additional and should be at the individuals discretion.

I know people will argue that £6 a day is nothing compared to other lines, however this is another 10% increase added to the 35% about a year ago, now that takes some justifying in my book, especially with the experiences I've had with P&O in the past, fortunately it won't affect me as I pay individually nowadays and I'll never sail P&O again because of those previous experiences.

HLM.

Totally agree with you - pay your own tips to who served you and looked after you.  They always say "but no-one tips the engine room and galley workers", but they should always have a decent salary and not need more of our money on top of what we have paid the cruise company.

Edited by cruiser1

Hi everyone,, on our last P and O cruise aboard the Artmis we opted out of the Gratitudes Payment and instead gave tips to the staff who served us, one particular member of the bar staff was always at the ready to bring me and my wife our drinks, also in the restaurant we were greeted by our waiter and he had reserved us a table every night for our evening meal, 

artemis.jpg

Edited by InspireMe

4 hours ago, InspireMe said:

Hi everyone,, on our last P and O cruise aboard the Artmis we opted out of the Gratitudes Payment and instead gave tips to the staff who served us, one particular member of the bar staff was always at the ready to bring me and my wife our drinks, also in the restaurant we were greeted by our waiter and he had reserved us a table every night for our evening meal, 

artemis.jpg

One other thing my Gratitude  are just that a thank you, a Gift,, I have paid TAX on my income, no one should have to pay TAX on a GIFT