Guest Solent Richard

The Bolsover Challenge

Guest Solent Richard

I use our very local (less than a mile away) Hays Travel for all our land based holidays..have two booked for this year and another waiting to be booked on thursday when they become available for 2016. They couldnt match my cruise 2017 requirements, so I used .......

Didnt know they Bolsover were part of Hays.

I had the opposite experience. Perhaps it was because I was entitled to the Bolsover loyalty discount which cane to over £450.00 which made the difference.ohmy.png

Guest suespud

I didnt expect a loyalty discount...I just expected similar prices.

Cruise.co came out on top and I got excellent customer service and a great SDL cabin on D deck. I am more than happy with it.

As it happens, I did use Bolsover to book my last two cruises, which sadly I had to cancel.

Cruise.co came out on top and I got excellent customer service and a great SDL cabin on D deck. I am more than happy with it.

As it happens, I did use Bolsover to book my last two cruises, which sadly I had to cancel.

Our last three cruises have been booked with Cruise.co and we got superb prices on all three. The P&O world cruise sector alone was £1000 cheaper than with P&O direct and we got great deals with both Fred and with Celebrity. We always good customer service but we have had that with Bolsover to be honest.

Solent Richard - that is a very good loyalty discount.  How do they work it out?  We have been booking through Bolsover every year for the last 10 years but were only given £40 loyalty discount for the two of us on the two cruises we have recently booked.

Barbara x

Guest Solent Richard

First class service from Lottie & April, pre registration for Cunard New Year Cruise 2016/17 required 6 cabins -the girls booked all six together -great price -good job done by team Bolsover

Nice to hear and a very similar experience to mine with Poppy.

Guest Solent Richard

XXXXXXX came out on top and I got excellent customer service and a great SDL cabin on D deck. I am more than happy with it.

I've always thought it poor forum etiquette to mention a competitor by name on an agent's forum.

However, just to add to your excitement, here is a photograph of the  Superior Deluxe Balcony cabin we had on our 24 night Black Sea cruise on Azura...

8910670461_c14c6a3ab6_z.jpg

It suited the two of us fine.

Guest suespud

Bolsover dont seem to have a problem that other agents have been mentioned, so thats all that matters.

Guest Solent Richard

Bolsover dont seem to have a problem that other agents have been mentioned, so thats all that matters.

They would soon tell us if they didn't like it !

I specifically used the term 'not good forum etiquette'.

I didn't mention rules or terms and conditions of forum use.

My comment stands.

A forum is surely a place to 'discuss' matters and the title of this thread is 'The Bolsover Challenge'. Cannot 'discuss' this challenge without mentioning other TAs who meet or indeed rise above that challenge in terms of price and 'perks'.

I am not blindly loyal to any any one TA or cruise line and have to make every penny of my hard earned pension and savings count when booking a cruise. You might be in a more fortunate position than others Solent Richard.

Just saying.

Guest Solent Richard

A forum is surely a place to 'discuss' matters and the title of this thread is 'The Bolsover Challenge'. Cannot 'discuss' this challenge without mentioning other TAs who meet or indeed rise above that challenge in terms of price and 'perks'.

I am not blindly loyal to any any one TA or cruise line and have to make every penny of my hard earned pension and savings count when booking a cruise. You might be in a more fortunate position than others Solent Richard.

Just saying.

Good afternoon Dorset cruiser.

I certainly agree that this forum is a place to discuss cruising matters but don't you think that, out of respect for our hosts, members could refrain from actually naming the 'competition' from whom they have had a better deal.

Surely it would suffice to say words to the effect..." I managed to get a better offer from A.N.Other Travel Agent'.

It's what I originally said, all down to etiquette and good manners.

It may be of interest to you that I also seek to make every penny of my hard earned pension and investments count when booking any holiday.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for your response Richard. I'm sure Bolsover will not be too upset with us mentioning a rival by name on a forum on their website - sure they couldn't care less really.

As for highlighted 'etiquette and good manners' - I do consider myself to have good manners.

Your financial position is not really of interest to me but you do appear to belong to a different social strata to me, and that is fine - it takes all sorts

Guest suespud

The thing is Richard....what you think about my post doesn't matter in the least.

It has been noted however, that you are taking a personal interest in my posts. Thank you.

Guest Solent Richard

The thing is Richard....what you think about my post doesn't matter in the least.

It has been noted however, that you are taking a personal interest in my posts. Thank you.

Don't flatter yourself Spud. I'm very even handed when it comes to handing out advice on etiquette.

Guest Solent Richard

Thanks for your response Richard. I'm sure Bolsover will not be too upset with us mentioning a rival by name on a forum on their website - sure they couldn't care less really.

As for highlighted 'etiquette and good manners' - I do consider myself to have good manners.

Your financial position is not really of interest to me but you do appear to belong to a different social strata to me, and that is fine - it takes all sorts

And thank you for your response.

I can only repeat that I worked very hard, and took many risks with my own money, to secure my retirement.

And thank you for your response.

I can only repeat that I worked very hard, and took many risks with my own money, to secure my retirement.

Think majority of us have worked hard throughout our working lives to ensure we can enjoy a good retirement. Our generation were lucky as many of us benefited from the 'boom' in property prices. Would hate to have the mortgages that both our children have to service. We ourselves are very risk aversive but we do both benefit from good final salary pensions which again our children are unable to get now.

Guest suespud

Don't flatter yourself Spud. I'm very even handed when it comes to handing out advice on etiquette.

No problem, very pleased to hear you are such an authority on etiquette, perhaps you could link me to where you have offered advice to others just so I can be sure I don't make what in your opinion is another faux pas, although I still maintain Bolsover would prefer to know what competition they are up against.

Unless of course........

No problem, very pleased to hear you are such an authority on etiquette, perhaps you could link me to where you have offered advice to others just so I can be sure I don't make what in your opinion is another faux pas, although I still maintain Bolsover would prefer to know what competition they are up against.

Unless of course........

There's never a 'like' button when you need one ;)

Guest Solent Richard

Unless of course........

Well yes, probably comes from 30 years service in the Royal Navy and a successful second career as an hotel owner. tongue.png

Guest Solent Richard

Hi Richard,

Just to let you know that I contacted aucocruises and found them extremely helpful.  After considerable research, we decided that their recommendation of a 2 day Legend Private Cruise was exactly what the four of us were looking for and I have, today, confirmed the booking with them.  It ticks all the boxes in terms of itinerary and, with just the four of us on board, we're looking forward to a fascinating excursion.

The trip is run by Bhaya Cruises and included in our package are private transfers to their base on Tuan Chau Island from and back to, Bai Chay Ferry, where Millenium is scheduled to tender in.  I understand it's around a 40 minute journey.  We will check in at 12.30hrs on day 1 and check out at 10.30hrs on day 2, so should be back in plenty of time to rejoin our ship before she sails at 13.00hrs.

I hope to be able to submit a review to the forum on our return at the end of March, though I still don't have a clue how to include photos.  Maybe someone could point me in the right direction on that one (hint, hint)?

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks Richard.  Will explore the link and consider the day boat option.  That sounds a great idea.  We've been in touch with Celebrity and now know where our tender will set us down.

Appreciate your help.

Unless of course........

No problem Spud. 

Well yes, probably comes from 30 years service in the Royal Navy and a successful second career as an hotel owner. :P

Well yes, probably comes from 30 years service in the Royal Navy and a successful second career as an hotel owner. :P

Fail to see how Navy service and being a hotel owner makes you an expert on etiquette (thinks 'Fawlty Towers' or perhaps yours was a 5star establishment ;) ). Makes you sound just a little pretentious which I am sure you are not in reality.

Anyway, enough of this 'banter' (get enough of that from my brothers) - no more comment from me on this one. Have a nice day :)