Bigbri

Luggage Labels

Hi I'm new to this forum I used to read the P&o forum but it seems to have gone.I am on the Aurora on the 17th May and would like to know when do you get your luggage labels?This is our seventh cruise but up to now we've always booked well in advance,this time we booked in March on an early saver where P&o allocate your cabin but I would have thought they still have to send luggage labels any info anybody.

Hi Bigbri, did you book direct with P&O or through an agent? You may be required to log onto your cruise personaliser and print your own luggage labels as soon as your cabin has been allocated. I've done this before and it is very easy to do. Alternatively, if you've booked with an agent, if you contact them, they will often send you out some luggage labels of their own. I use Bolsover Cruise Club as my agent for cruise holidays and I have requested extra luggage labels from them before which they've duly sent out straight away to me. 

Thanks Sammy I've booked with Bolsover but it's an early saver and I don't know the cabin yet but they've got to give you labels so they know which cabin to send them to surely.

I've booked on a gty basis before and then ended up getting an upgrade 2 days before I was due to travel. They asked me to just write the new cabin number down over the top of the existing one. I'm sure they'll allocate your cabin soon and if not they'll be in touch to let you know the plan.

yes as Sammy says, they expect you to download and print your own labels when booked on an early saver, but you can only do this once your cabin is allocated.

Bolsover will send you some of their company labels but if you cant print your own P&O ones then they will be available at Southampton for you

Hi  Am I alone in not liking printing out my own luggage labels?  Having printing them out I have to cover them in sellotape to prevent them tearing before attaching them to my luggage.  Cruise lines often cite green issues for the reasons for the introduced e-ticketing system but if I have to do this it doesn't save the planet at all, however, it does is increase the profits of the cruise line!

Most people are quite happy to print there own luggage labels when they become availablewink.png

Many passengers are retired not everyone has computers, internet access and a printer. I usually print my sisters labels, but not everyone may know somebody  who can do this for them.

Many passengers are retired not everyone has computers, internet access and a printer. I usually print my sisters labels, but not everyone may know somebody  who can do this for them.

Seawitch,

You might be surprised how savvy the older generation actually are, they certainly knew when we where on Aurora last month e-mailing texting and downloading things whilst in the middle of the Pacific ocean.wink.png

Seawitch,

You might be surprised how savvy the older generation actually are, they certainly knew when we where on Aurora last month e-mailing texting and downloading things whilst in the middle of the Pacific ocean.wink.png

Many of the older generation are very good with computers but there are many that choose not to have laptops and internet access. They have other things they would rather spend their money on -like cruising.

I've been in touch with Bolsover and they will send me their own luggage labels if P&o's aren't available no problem printing but I'm used to the one's with the little perforations! But never mind get out the sellotape.

I still like my tickets and labels sent to me. They used to be colour coded for the deck you were on and you just wrote your cabin number on them. Don't P&O send these out anymore?

I still like my tickets and labels sent to me. They used to be colour coded for the deck you were on and you just wrote your cabin number on them. Don't P&O send these out anymore?

If you book on a Select fare you get peronalised one in the back of your pre-cruise information with colours, bar codes and everything, if you book a saver fare P&O expect you to print your own once your cabin has been allocated

I still think that it was nice when you got the little booklet sent to you from the cruise line with your ticket and luggage labels in the back. I know that it is the modern age and it doesn't take many minutes to print them off but it does depend on whether your cruise personaliser is working which sometimes can be a hassle.

Quite right!

It also assumes we all have a printer..that works.

I'm afraid we resort to bits of paper cello taped round the luggage handles.

It's not very classy,however neither are our suitcases now...am pleased to say they are regularly used!

Hello We are on this cruise and have had our luggage labels for some time. We did not"go green" as we like to have the labels and Information booklet sent to us.

Glad Bolsover have been able to help you.

Hi  Am I alone in not liking printing out my own luggage labels?  Having printing them out I have to cover them in sellotape to prevent them tearing before attaching them to my luggage.  Cruise lines often cite green issues for the reasons for the introduced e-ticketing system but if I have to do this it doesn't save the planet at all, however, it does is increase the profits of the cruise line!

You can now buy plastic Labels , great for any cruise      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Suitcases-Protector-Norwegian-Celebrity-Caribbean/dp/B00GMP30CC