Sign in to follow this  
Guest shilly3191

Carnival Shareholder Benefits.

Can I just mention, as I have seen it said elsewhere on the forum, Bolsover Cruise Club will sort your additional shareholder benefits for you.. We cannot organise them, purchase them or manage the shares for you, but once you have them we will administer the bookings so that the additional beneifits that you recieve are added on.

It's all part of the service

:)

Good Afternoon All,

I would like to back up what Popsicle has said, we will gladly manage this for you and see it as part of our award winning service to you our customers. Give us a call and your dedicated sales consultant will organise this and once we receive proof of your shares they will forward them on to your operator and get the extra OBC added.

Guest shilly3191

Can I just mention, as I have seen it said elsewhere on the forum, Bolsover Cruise Club will sort your additional shareholder benefits for you.. We cannot organise them, purchase them or manage the shares for you, but once you have them we will administer the bookings so that the additional beneifits that you recieve are added on.

It's all part of the service

smile.png

Sorry Popsicle but when I applied to Princess like I normally have done in the past and was told by Marie Begum that what I was supplying was no longer good enough due to new rules I rang Bolsover for my cruise which is booked with you in June in desperation and was not give any assistance whatsoever by the person who I spoke too. I do not remember who it was but all she suggested was to give me a "direct" telephone number of the person that deals with it in Southampton . When I rang the number it was a fax number that I had been given so I am sorry to say but she or Bolsover didnt give me any advice or help or sort the problem out for me. I managed after speaking to Marie Begum to sort the problem out with no help whatsoever after a polite request for help from Bolsover and if as you say you could sort it out thats  all part of the service then I was let down by Bolsover  and did not get that service.

Guest shilly3191

Good Afternoon All,

I would like to back up what Popsicle has said, we will gladly manage this for you and see it as part of our award winning service to you our customers. Give us a call and your dedicated sales consultant will organise this and once we receive proof of your shares they will forward them on to your operator and get the extra OBC added.

Sorry so what went wrong when I phoned asking for help for my Princess cruise booked with you for June and didnt get any at all.

Guest Solent Richard

Good Afternoon All,

Nice touch.

Guest Solent Richard

Sorry Popsicle but when I applied to Princess like I normally have done in the past and was told by Marie Begum that what I was supplying was no longer good enough due to new rules I rang Bolsover for my cruise which is booked with you in June in desperation and was not give any assistance whatsoever by the person who I spoke too. I do not remember who it was but all she suggested was to give me a "direct" telephone number of the person that deals with it in Southampton . When I rang the number it was a fax number that I had been given so I am sorry to say but she or Bolsover didnt give me any advice or help or sort the problem out for me. I managed after speaking to Marie Begum to sort the problem out with no help whatsoever after a polite request for help from Bolsover and if as you say you could sort it out thats  all part of the service then I was let down by Bolsover  and did not get that service.

As I understand it holders of Carnival Shares may claim the OBC up to a fortnight before sailing. To be pedantic for one member's sake that is 'Two Weeks".

That is certainly the case for those sailing on P&O and Cunard as I can vouch for.

Interestingly this shareholder benefit is applicable to all fares. Perhaps I should place that on the loyalty thread as well.biggrin.png

Guest shilly3191

ohmy.png bless me a "fortnight" is the same as "two weeks" you are so clever and I bow to your great knowledge what would this forum do without your intelligence.wink.png wink.png

Guest Solent Richard

As I understand it holders of Carnival Shares may claim the OBC up to a fortnight before sailing. To be pedantic for one member's sake that is 'Two Weeks".

That is certainly the case for those sailing on P&O and Cunard as I can vouch for.

Interestingly this shareholder benefit is applicable to all fares. Perhaps I should place that on the loyalty thread as well.biggrin.png

ohmy.png bless me a "fortnight" is the same as "two weeks" you are so clever and I bow to your great knowledge what would this forum do without your intelligence.wink.png wink.png

Good morning Stephen.

Well it certainly got the message across to the right member: which of course was exactly the object of the exercise. wink.png wink.png

Guest shilly3191

Good morning Stephen.

Well it certainly got the message across to the right member: which of course was exactly the object of the exercise. wink.png wink.png

Yes thank you for your greater knowledge that you have and now know for the first time in 56yrs that a fortnight is "two weeks" what would the cruising world and the world in general do without you and your knowledge.laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

My Aunty is a Share Holder with Carnival, and I have had to help her in the past with applying for the benefits but Bolsover have always assisted me.

Karen Hawkins is one of a kind and remembers you, she appears to be the only lady that deals with this for P&O & Cunard guests so when she is off you get problems, any other staff member that helps her out work to rule.

Holland America, Seabourn and Princess in my experiance are all dealt with very differently I am surprised Bolsover was not able to help you with Princess they gave me the following email benefits@princesscruises.co.uk as it was easier for me to email her details direct to Princess, Bolsover then just monitored for the Credit to be applied?

Yes I did have to send up to date proof of Shares for her, but as you are getting a on board spend for this I fully understand the reasoning behind it, and her accountant was used to this request and emailed us what we would need.

I hope you get it sorted, but if you are still struggling I would call Bolsover back, and explain I am positive they will help you.

Totally agree Riversong, Karen is always excellent - the procedure/time frames during when you can apply for OBC seem to change sometimes, but she's always very efficient and really helpful.

In fact, maybe it's due to how I bought my shares (via my bank, not a stockbroker) but i never send in a share certificate as Karen just checks I still hold my shares from her end. I'm guessing this means that stockbrokers/management companies usually "hold" these shares for us these days but primarily listed under their name ?

Not sure if this new procedure will effect me, but will hopefully find out in July :)

Yes thank you for your greater knowledge that you have and now know for the first time in 56yrs that a fortnight is "two weeks" what would the cruising world and the world in general do without you and your knowledge.laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

lets not start!! will report you both! dont need this on here!

My shares, Carnival and RCI, are in a Nominee Account with my stockbroker and when I first purchased them I sent a copy of the transaction to Bolsover and they have handled it with the various cruise lines since without any problems. I am somewhat surprised at the difficulties Shilly3191 has had, not having had the same myself. 

Guest Solent Richard

My shares, Carnival and RCI, are in a Nominee Account with my stockbroker and when I first purchased them I sent a copy of the transaction to Bolsover and they have handled it with the various cruise lines since without any problems. I am somewhat surprised at the difficulties Shilly3191 has had, not having had the same myself. 

Absolutely OWT. 

And Bolsover did exactly the same with my Military Veterans OBC as well. I sent Poppy a photocopy of my veterans card and up popped the additional OBC on the cruise line invoice.

Guest shilly3191

The trouble I had OWT was that I only own shares in Carnival and have no nominee account or stockbroker just had a share certificate as proof of holding when I purchased the shares in 2011. In previous years have always sent a photo copy by e-mail of share certificate to P&O and Princess as recent as Britannia maiden cruise with no problems whatsoever. On returning from Britannia maiden cruise applied for OBC in the same manner with Princess only to be told that it was longer good enough as proof of share holdings. Princess did say send a screen shot of my nominee account or contact my stockbroker when I told her I had neither after a long conversation said I wouldnt be able to get my OBC. She then told me if I still had my tax voucher sent by Carnival in March it would suffice which luckily I was still in possesion of.

The trouble I had OWT was that I only own shares in Carnival and have no nominee account or stockbroker just had a share certificate as proof of holding when I purchased the shares in 2011. In previous years have always sent a photo copy by e-mail of share certificate to P&O and Princess as recent as Britannia maiden cruise with no problems whatsoever. On returning from Britannia maiden cruise applied for OBC in the same manner with Princess only to be told that it was longer good enough as proof of share holdings. Princess did say send a screen shot of my nominee account or contact my stockbroker when I told her I had neither after a long conversation said I wouldnt be able to get my OBC. She then told me if I still had my tax voucher sent by Carnival in March it would suffice which luckily I was still in possesion of.

Did you point out to her that Share Certificates are relinquished when you sell shares, therefore by being in possession of one proves you own the shares. When you sell shares through a bank or broker the first thing they ask for and retain is the Share Certificate. 

I always keep the dividend and tax vouchers as you never know when the tax man might ask for them.

I too own a share certificate and got in touch with the company that I bought through. They said that you just have to open up an account and it will then list all your share holdings which you can forward to the relevant cruise company. As OWT stated you do have to send in your certificates when you sell though.

Guest shilly3191

Did you point out to her that Share Certificates are relinquished when you sell shares, therefore by being in possession of one proves you own the shares. When you sell shares through a bank or broker the first thing they ask for and retain is the Share Certificate. 

Yes I did but even though she didnt say anything I suppose her argument could be that I had scanned the copy and saved it and then sold my shares and did say that P&O havent always asked for photo copy because they must have a way of checking current shareholders on Carnival records but she said Princess didnt have this facility. But like I said earlier after problems I somebody was having the same problems with P&O. I can only assume that some have been applying for OBC and using a scanned copy of share certificate and selling shares before thge cruise and that is why they are clamping down on how you prove shareholdings. All I know that if I hadnt saved my Consolidated Tax Voucher for 2014/15 my share benefit would not have been granted.

Guest shilly3191

I always keep the dividend and tax vouchers as you never know when the tax man might ask for them.

I too own a share certificate and got in touch with the company that I bought through. They said that you just have to open up an account and it will then list all your share holdings which you can forward to the relevant cruise company. As OWT stated you do have to send in your certificates when you sell though.

Unfortunately my shares in Carnival were the only ones I own and cannot remember the company I used to purchase certificates.

Shilly - I am in the same boat as you (figuratively speaking), when I made my enquiries, I was also told that you could get a copy of your holdings from Carnival. I don't know whether this is true or not and havent looked into it further.