Sign in to follow this  
X-man

E-Cigarettes

I agree with eye's 12, I am a smoker but I think you are100% right,they only confuse the situation,if you don't want to smoke the real thing in designated area's stick a nicotine patch on your arm, problem solved. :) Ron.

I also agree 100% it the adult version od a child sucking a dummy, if you want to give up then do it don't prolong the agony by sucking  on the end of an E-cig , they still don't agree whether the vapour or the stuff which caused the vapour is dangerous to a  smokers health. CG

@annie

I am a smoker (oh dear) or should I say outcast!!  First we were banned from bars and inside cabins.  Fair enough.  Now we are banned from our balconies. Next we will be banned from ships altogether.  Smokers of the world unite, we pay our fares the same as everyone else, just give us a somewhere where we can kill ourselves in comfort.

@annie

I am a smoker (oh dear) or should I say outcast!!  First we were banned from bars and inside cabins.  Fair enough.  Now we are banned from our balconies. Next we will be banned from ships altogether.  Smokers of the world unite, we pay our fares the same as everyone else, just give us a somewhere where we can kill ourselves in comfort.

You will have somewhere Annie, designated areas of the outside decks. Jojo

I also agree 100% it the adult version od a child sucking a dummy, if you want to give up then do it don't prolong the agony by sucking  on the end of an E-cig , they still don't agree whether the vapour or the stuff which caused the vapour is dangerous to a  smokers health. CG

And I agree with you CG. If one wants to stop - just do it. It's not easy; it takes a bit of willpower but the rewards are well worth it.

The rewards are:-

you don't smell like an ashtray

you're better off financially

you're not treated like a pariah

you're not the cause of passive smoking

you're better off health-wise

I say to any smoker - never mind all these modern gadgets to stop - just do it. Man up. ;)

Just think, the savings would pay for an extra cruise for two - year on year!! :D

Failing that - it's out to the promenade deck in the wind and rain for a fag. By the way - what happens when they close the promenade deck when the weather is bad? Where do the smokers go then?

cheers

Harvey

@annie

Good morning annie

The problem with killing yourselves in the comfort of a nice lounge bar usually means the discomfort of others. I'm afraid you got it right when you said "or should I say outcast!!"   It's outside in the wind and rain for you I'm afraid. ;)

cheers

Harvey

We have just arrived back home after our cruise and having booked a balcony cabin so we could sit out in the evening and enjoy the warm and have a quiet drink. We could not do this due to a passenger nearby smoking on their balcony. We think the decision taken by p & o is totally he correct one!!!

We look forward to our next smoke free balcony.

my sister is a smoker and was fully behind the decision by P&O to ban smoking on your balcony. We were next to a chain smoker one time and this totally spolit our cruise as when we sat out we had smoke blowing over us with no let up.

there are plenty of places to smoke and instead of making a song & dance about it she just toddled off to the smoking area and happily chatted away to other smokers.

There's also the health & safety aspect as with what happened with one of the Princess ships that was wrecked by a cigarette being blown back on deck after being disgarded from a balcony.

The way of the world now is that these regulations will be enforced on airlines, ships,trains etc..

In complete agreement with smoking ban. Have seen the bins on Prom deck catch fire from them not being extinguished properly. If there's a major fire crossing the Atlantic, then we are in big trouble. Also agree with e-cig ban.

I actually would like to see no smoking in any public area and definitely no smoking on any decks. Our habit is to walk the prom deck late evening after dinner and show, only to have it spoilt by the pandered to drug addicts getting their bedtime fix of nicotine and choking the innocent with their smoke.

E-cigs are a pest, maybe no smoke but certainly second hand nicotine vapour.....no thanks. We've watched plonkers on Oriana in Mqrch 2014 sneaking their ludicrous e-fag out of their pockets for a crafty drag sat in the front centre of the theatre. Complaints by passengers brought no action from the staff/crew/Ents team. Good to hear they've been banned.

Can't they build a fully filtered smoking chamber, maybe inside the funnel?, and make it swipe card entry only for passengers who register as nicotine inhalation addicts, and they can pay an appropriate supplement to cover the costs. They could have a tooth brushing and mouth washing and deoderising facility included?

He Ho!

I liked the idea put forward somewhere that, as a compromise, there should be a number of cabins at the stern of the ship allocated for smokers.

I can see very good reasons for smoking bans in most areas of a ship, but total ban of e-cigs on a ship - why?

I should say that I am a non-smoker for many year now.

M

Some of the comments on here are Pathetic! (in my opinion, before anyone gets on the defensive)

​Firtstly I am an ex smoker and totally agree with banning smoking in public places as it really is unfair for non smokers health to be put at risk also with added extra cost to the NHS etc etc but I really don't think the 30 seconds it takes to walk past the smokers on the prom deck IN THE OPEN AIR OF THE OCEAN will have ANY health implications what so ever and I'm pretty sure it doesn't SPOIL your evening and if it does then before you get to said areas why not turn around? or walk in other areas that aren't smoking areas?? You clearly know where these areas are and if ALL other areas have been banned then why shouldnt smokers have at least one area on a ship to indulge their vice?

Ultimately they will have to live with the consiquence of their actions!

i personally think e-cigs are a fantastic invention! I had tried patches, gum, and even good old willpower yet it was only the e-cig that made me smoke free today! why ban them?! they aren't harming those around you and if they helped me imagine how many thousands of others could quit by using them?! #beopenminded.