ralph

Upgrades!

Every time I book a guarantee cabin I have had an upgrade. Most recently from an obstructed view to an unobstructed view. Best one was from balcony to mini suite.

Book the lowest grade you can put up with. For me that is daylight. Sit tight and wait. You do have to take what you are given, but as long as it s on the ship I'll cope.

Guest Solent Richard

I once booked a 'Guarantee' from an email advertising such deals.

I was always confident that an 'upgrade' (?) would happen as there were only two cabins of that grade on the ship.

It's really called clever marketing.

The real upgrade comes when you book a 'Princess' Grill and are upgraded on embarkation to Queens Grill.

"Butler, you'll find my luggage outside Princess stateroom 12345"

biggrin.png biggrin.png 

Me and my sister are taking our brother who has downs syndrome on the oceana 20/7 to belatedly celebrate his big 50. we booked feb early saver inside cabin for 3 cabin pf we have been upgraded to pd deck c 707 is this a good upgrade? is there a chance we could be moved again? my sister n brother have done a cruise oncebut its my first.would be happy to pay a small charge each if offered window or balcony!!

17 hours ago, sheilavw said:

Me and my sister are taking our brother who has downs syndrome on the oceana 20/7 to belatedly celebrate his big 50. we booked feb early saver inside cabin for 3 cabin pf we have been upgraded to pd deck c 707 is this a good upgrade? is there a chance we could be moved again? my sister n brother have done a cruise oncebut its my first.would be happy to pay a small charge each if offered window or balcony!!

Whether it is a good upgrade or not can only be answered by you looking at a deck plan of cabins. Unfortunately one of the downside of booking Early Saver/ Saver is not being able to choose your cabin position. In the eyes of P&O PC grade is an upgrade on PF because it is of higher cost. You did not really book a PF grade but that is the minimum grade you could be allocated at P&Os discretion a higher grade which you have been.  With regards to paying a small charge for an upgrade to a ocean view/balcony there is no chance, if you ask prior to your cruise for an upgrade you would pay the difference in price when you booked.