Sign in to follow this  
Guest Solent Richard

Regent Seven Seas Voyager

Guest Solent Richard

This weekend my wife and I were invited to visit Regent Seven Seas Voyager during her scheduled call to Southampton; an invitation we gratefully accepted.

We have previously sailed with Regent Seven Seas on one of their smaller ships, Seven Seas Navigator, around Alaska.

17941089324_8c6dce03b9_z.jpg

18537348106_6f6e1f8f07_z.jpg

18376109200_35019dab71_z.jpg

Seven Seas Voyager is of course a larger ship than the Navigator and caters for 700 passengers. One of their proud boasts was that they have a sun bed for every passenger. Wow...

18559289982_7295d9c6f8_z.jpg

Elegance and space are everywhere and Regent Seven seas boast the most inclusive luxury experience. 

The Compass Rose is Voyager's flagship restaurant with single seating 'freedom' dining open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

18537360386_a95d368cd9_z.jpg

Sette Mari is an evening conversion of La Veranda (the buffet restaurant and offers Italian speciality dishes...

18376116540_d11f8fd814_z.jpg

There are no supplement charges for any of these restaurants and on a seven day cruise every guest is offered the opportunity to make a reservation in each.

Regent Seven Seas take on the classic American grill, Prime 7...

18376111750_47babdf084_z.jpg

...while classical French cuisine is served in Signatures...

18565793101_c49a5a1985_z.jpg

And so to the accommodation onboard Seven seas Voyager.

Budget cruisers look away now - there are no inside or picture window cabins. Indeed, all accommodation is classed as 'suite'.

Entry level is the 'Deluxe Veranda Suite' or, if one prefers,  a 'Concierge' grade. Both are the same size and come with the same basic facilities including a personalised mini-bar, walk in wardrobe, marble-appointed bathroom private balcony and separate seating/dining area...

18559295602_bcddff9447_z.jpg

True luxury is uniquely personal and for the most part essential values. Having already sailed with  Regent Seven Seas my wife and I had formed a very high regard for this cruise line. On the downside for us was the size of ship we had previously sailed on, the Seven Seas Navigator. Excellent for a one week cruise around Alaska or the more remote parts of the Mediterranean but for any reasonable length of time, just too small.

So we were more than grateful for this invitation to experience a  larger Regent Seven Seas product. We were so impressed that either Voyager or the brand new addition to the fleet, Explorer, are firmly on our radar.

Any questions?

Hi Richard, thanks for posting the photos, nice to see images captured from the day. I have a question regarding the speciality restaurants on board. I know their are no charges to visit these restaurants and that all guests are invited to book during their cruise but is there a limit to how many times you can book into a specific speciality restaurant, for example Prime 7? The reason for my question is that my father is currently contemplating a Regent cruise but had heard that it was only possible to visit each of these venues once per cruise. I just wondered if this was true.

Hi Richard, thanks for posting the photos, nice to see images captured from the day. I have a question regarding the speciality restaurants on board. I know their are no charges to visit these restaurants and that all guests are invited to book during their cruise but is there a limit to how many times you can book into a specific speciality restaurant, for example Prime 7? The reason for my question is that my father is currently contemplating a Regent cruise but had heard that it was only possible to visit each of these venues once per cruise. I just wondered if this was true.

Hi Sammy, Signatures and Prime 7 are both by reservation, you can reserve once in both prior to embarking (this is to enable all fair opportunity to dine) then you can book additional evenings onboard by speaking to the maitre d' ( I have done this first hand)...  All other restaurants onboard are 'open' dining so can turn up and sit to dine anytime between 18.30 and 21.30.. Hope this helps..

Guest Solent Richard

Hi Sammy, Signatures and Prime 7 are both by reservation, you can reserve once in both prior to embarking (this is to enable all fair opportunity to dine) then you can book additional evenings onboard by speaking to the maitre d' ( I have done this first hand)...  All other restaurants onboard are 'open' dining so can turn up and sit to dine anytime between 18.30 and 21.30.. Hope this helps..

Thanks Lux for your prompt answer.

You are quite correct in what you say.

While on the Seven Seas navigator for a week around Alaska we did manage a second visit to Prime 7 when a 'vacant table' became available.

What our host did say on our visit to Voyager  was that it was normally  a '7-day' rule from which I guessed that should you be cruising for 14 days you would be entitled to two reservations anyway.

Thanks again. Glad to hear we have something in common.

Thanks for answering my question. I thought that would not be the case. I would have been amazed if Regent would have only permitted one visit to these venues even if there was space available for a second. Thankfully I can go to my father and report that what he has been told is incorrect.

We have been twice on Voyager and the last time on Mariner. Our favourite is Voyager, which we are booked on next year.

One of our favourite speciality restaurants is the Italian Sette Mari, no booking, you just turn up.