JoeP1965

Best Royal Caribbean ship for first time cruisers?

Hello everyone,

I'm planning my first cruise (group of four adults and three kids) to the Caribbean or Med (still weighing up the pros and cons!) and was wondering if anyone had a favourite Royal Caribbean ship they could recommend? With something for the kids...and the adults of course! Thanks

They're all under 12, so energetic and needing a lot to keep them happy during the day! They would love some sporty activities and a pool of course, but a kids club would also be great. I'm worried it might be a little tougher to find something to keep them occupied during the evenings whilst us grown ups are enjoying a cool glass of wine and fine dining!

My daughter has just taken her two on a cruise with Royal Caribbean and they sailed on the Freedom of the Seas which sails from Port Canaveral. Jack (he's 11) loved the surf simulator burgers from Johnny Rockets and whereas Megan (6) got stuck into lots of Ben and Jerry's ice cream at the ice cream parlor and loved meeting some of her favourite characters.

I believe that the Freedom class ships alongside the Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas include some of the best kid's activities at sea - I'm wondering whether I could sneak onto the carousel - that's allowed, right?!!

Only if I can go on the zip line! Oasis does look like it would be a once in a lifetime trip for both us and the kids as they love dreamworks and would be running around all over the place I'm sure.

Thanks for the tips!

Royal Caribbean is almost definitely your best bet JoeP1975 - the kids will love the DreamWorks characters...and the adults will love everything else!

I'm sure there's no rule against us OAPs (I speak for myself mainly here) having a go on the zip lines and surf simulators if we're feeling youthful (and if there is a Doctor standing by!)

Thanks for your all your help, I can happily announce that we've made a decision!

We're off on the Oasis in July next year! Calling at Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Nassau, Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten to name but a few. Ship looks fantastic as does the ports, can't wait to go.

Joe