Sign in to follow this  
Southwinds

Malta First Time...

We went to Malta this summer. We did our own thing. Saw the hop on hop off buses and nearly did it. The tourist desk told us to walk up into town and use local buses. They were excellent went out to St George's bay to go snorkling for a couple of hours then jumped on bus back. Had nice wonder around the town and the wife and son went back to the ship while I went to the war museum. All in all it was good port and we had a really nice day.

Guest Solent Richard

We might be going here on a cruise we have our eye on for next year....has anyone any tips or must dos for tours here. I've heard there is a good hobo bus.?

Good afternoon Southwinds.

My wife and I visited malta with Azurs last October.

We had a great day out.

I can confirm the HoHo buses are available...

9816156265_9ee8e51a0d_z.jpg

Like Scranman above we took the local bus service and crossed the island to visit Mdina - the Silent City – ...

9816172966_ce76c56a25_z.jpg

A superb place to visit and still time to explore Valletta on our return...

9816233723_09787fa762_z.jpg

I'm always pleased to answer any queries you may have.

Love Malta, not cruised there yet but I've been fortunate enough to take two land based holidays.

Also had two of my own Maltese buses (the model type) until my lad pulled them apart!!

Malta, the George Cross Island, is one of my favourites. Steeped in history with the beautiful capitol of Valletta housing St Johns Cathedral, the Palace of the Grand Masters and many more buildings of historic significance. The huge dome of Mosta Church always amazes me. Grand Harbour which is truly magnificent to sail in and out of and further along the coast the lovely little fishing community of Marsaxlokk. Malta has so much to offer the visitor I always look forward to my next trip.

Really lovely place and very easy to DIY. Local buses the cheapest way of getting around. Beware of taxi prices. If you don't mind walking, the new lift, at cost of one euro each, is quickest way of getting up top. It's only a short walk from cruise terminal, turn left out of terminal gates and keep going until you see it. It's big and it's metal! Noon day gun ceremony is worth seeing.