Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kidd II

Free Cake With Costa Coffee?

Land Ahoy - I asked because my wife likes a cake with her coffee. As we have paid for the previlage of being able to sit in the Costa, onboard ship, it is nice to have the luxury of something different as part of the service. She does not need the cake and if you adopted the same attitude we font need to book the holiday. We do it cause we like it - no wonder P&O makes so much money from us. Lol

Hi  Without knowing why you asked this question I would assume you would buy a cake if you were so hungry, others may eat it just because it's "free" - no wonder why the British the most obese nation in Europe.

I found out on Azura maiden when we asked for a coffee and cake and when the waiter left the bill for us to sign I called him back to say he had forgotten to put the cakes on and he told me they were free. So your assumption that people only have the cake because it was free is not always right but no doubt because you wouldnt purchase the Costa coffee you were perhaps in the buffet drinking the free coffee and stuffing yourself with food from the buffet. Do not assume things that you have no idea about.

I found out on Azura maiden when we asked for a coffee and cake and when the waiter left the bill for us to sign I called him back to say he had forgotten to put the cakes on and he told me they were free. So your assumption that people only have the cake because it was free is  always right but no doubt because you wouldnt purchase the Costa coffee you were perhaps in the buffet drinking the free coffee and stuffing yourself with food from the buffet. Do not assume things that you have no idea about.

Hi I certainly do not eat more on a cruise ship than I do at home, just because food is available doesn't mean I eat it, I'm not greedy.  I rarely eat three courses in the evenings but may occasionally have a dessert.  In addition I would like to inform you that the cruise lines I usually sail with I have no need to pay extra for a decent cup of coffee it's included in the higher boarding fare.  Do not assume things that you have no idea about.

Hi  Without knowing why you asked this question I would assume you would buy a cake if you were so hungry, others may eat it just because it's "free" - no wonder why the British the most obese nation in Europe.

I have to agree, the arrival of these "all you can eat restaurants" has done nothing to help the NHS funding situation with regards to obesity.

I have a 5 course dinner each night but it does not mean I am costing the NHS. I enjoy food but do not eat large quantities of it. With the plated service, now introduced, by P&O I have reservations that they are producing a balanced diet. The concept of 5 a day is certainly not one they have heard of. There should be more focus on reducing excessive drinking which is a big contributor To nhs costs.

And this is why I no longer bother with this site much. Someone comes on and asks a question and a simple reply of yes or no would be fine but no if you ask a question about cake then you must be fat ask a question on drink and you must be a drunk and God help you if you ask a question on smoking coz the gates of hell are sure going to open.

Captain Kidd yes Costa have free cake and savoury foods which you can have with your coffee just tell them what you want and they will bring it over with your coffee. I hope that reply helps and I hope your wife enjoys every mouthful of it.

One little tip: we shared a piece of cake on Ventura which we thought had a shiny jam glaze on the top. It was actually a very thick piece of shiny topping ( like a child's lollipop) which we couldn't break never mind bite!

And this is why I no longer bother with this site much. Someone comes on and asks a question and a simple reply of yes or no would be fine but no if you ask a question about cake then you must be fat ask a question on drink and you must be a drunk and God help you if you ask a question on smoking coz the gates of hell are sure going to open.

Captain Kidd yes Costa have free cake and savoury foods which you can have with your coffee just tell them what you want and they will bring it over with your coffee. I hope that reply helps and I hope your wife enjoys every mouthful o

I quite agree with all of your post. Ask a simple question and you get bombarded with allsorts of replies that had nothing to do with the question makes you wonder if it is worth posting questions.sad.png

Hi  Without knowing why you asked this question I would assume you would buy a cake if you were so hungry, others may eat it just because it's "free" - no wonder why the British are the most obese nation in Europe.

Never did I think that a simple statement made by a forum member would round with such a response, well Land Ahoy I think your response was slightly misguided, cake has been around for many years long before the rise of obesity in this country. If you are wanting to point fingers try the fat munching fast feed outlets coupled with the fact that in previous generations they were outside (going to dances or allotments) rather than bunched around the TV watching the latest line of z list celebs and wannabees,

Prior to my lifetime  I think someone was even quoted with saying 'let them eat cake'

On the Britannia you can buy cake at the Market Cafe. biggrin.png

It's Eric Lanyard's Patisserie and if I remember correctly the cakes are £2.75 each. 

Is there a Costa Coffee on the Arcadia?

On the Britannia you can buy cake at the Market Cafe. biggrin.png

It's Eric Lanyard's Patisserie and if I remember correctly the cakes are £2.75 each. 

Is there a Costa Coffee on the Arcadia?

Yes there is a Costa coffee on Arcadia.

Never did I think that a simple statement made by a forum member would round with such a response, well Land Ahoy I think your response was slightly misguided, cake has been around for many years long before the rise of obesity in this country. If you are wanting to point fingers try the fat munching fast feed outlets coupled with the fact that in previous generations they were outside (going to dances or allotments) rather than bunched around the TV watching the latest line of z list celebs and wannabees,

Prior to my lifetime  I think someone was even quoted with saying 'let them eat cake'

I think that if you take a careful look at the response it was not personal, and not necessarily about cake.

The word "others" was intended to introduce a discussion on the wider issue of the effects of "free food", and this was probably the mistake as it could have been a new thread.

Perhaps there is a case for Bolsover separating question and discussion threads.

I think that if you take a careful look at the response it was not personal, and not necessarily about cake.

The word "others" was intended to introduce a discussion on the wider issue of the effects of "free food", and this was probably the mistake as it could have been a new thread.

Perhaps there is a case for Bolsover separating question and discussion threads.

"free food" Sorry no such thing on a cruise ship you have paid your fare and food is included in that so there is no free food. And how does anyone know who eats what food through the day? unless there are the "food police" out and about. I don't eat breakfast and neither do I eat lunch my choice but if I was to fancy a piece of cake would that make me fat or greedy or perhaps just peckish?.

Cruises are people's holiday and it maybe their only holiday of the year so why doesn't everyone spend more time enjoying their holiday rather than looking to see what others are doing? Just my opinion biggrin.png

I was on this years world cruise on the Aurora this year. I went with my husband to Raffles he wanted a coffee and a danish, I only wanted a danish pastry not a coffee, but that wasn't allowed, I had to have a drink if I wanted a cake. We were in a suite and I could have ordered a dozen danish pastries to be delivered to my suite if I so wished but I wanted to sit and chat in Raffles. So my husband bought me a coffee I didn't want, in order that I could have a danish. I wouldn't have to be honest. I'm not obese and I don't eat from morning until night when I'm on a cruise. Quite frankly I think we'd more than paid for any food we ate.

On a recent voyage on Ventura we wanted to buy a cold drink in the Costa establishment and when we asked about cakes we were told that they are only available when purchasing coffee and that we couldn't choose to pay for one to have with the cold drinksdry.png dry.png dry.png dry.png

Not keen on the cakes on board. I think as I have got older my tastes have changed, just coffee on its own for me occasionally a biscotti. No afternoon tea and haven't been to the chocolate buffet in 8 years.