Sign in to follow this  
Forum Admin

Message From Forum Admin

Dear all Cruise Club Forum members, it is clear that it has become necessary for us to intervene in certain circumstances currently arising on the forum. As Administrators, I’m sure you can all understand and appreciate the difficult position we find ourselves in. Our aim with the Cruise Club Forum has always been to enable a welcoming environment for members to share views, opinions, experiences, knowledge and more from their time at sea. It has come to our attention on multiple threads now that the friendly environment we strongly wish to maintain is under threat on certain topics and we wish to address this.

Until now, we have read all posts from afar unless we have received a direct complaint from any member. We have done this because we have always believed in the right to freedom of speech, meaning we refrain from intervening in discussions unless there is use of explicit language, personal abuse or severe confrontation. We do not feel we have seen substantial cases of this from individual members on our forum, rather a group of members that have what appears as a conflict from the past that has now found its way on to this forum. This is deeply unfortunate and saddening and we wish to put a stop to this at this time.

We shall be monitoring forum topic discussions in greater detail from now on in our attempts to return to the friendly, welcoming and hospitable environment we strive for the forum to be.

This forum was designed to share advice and views in order to help people looking for real answers from real people on their real life experiences. It was created to help cruise enthusiasts decide on future travel arrangements, on board activities, things to do and see ashore and much more. Please can we make this clear that this is exactly what we expect in the future. Whatever has taken place in the past on previous forums, we expect those issues to be now left in the past and no longer find their way on to this forum.

We would like to kindly request that whatever issues have taken place in the past on previous forums are left in the past and no longer find their way on to this forum.

We will not tolerate the continuation of such issues.

I’ve personally found this forum to be really friendly, but it pleasing to see everyone’s concerns are being taken seriously.  As I’m relatively new to cruising some of the advice I have obtained has been invaluable and I will continue to pick the brains of other members as well as sharing tip bits of trivia I find.

Thank you Admin. I was disturbed to find that a subject I'd started some time ago had become a place for members to criticise each other and poke fun. The postings had no connection with the original topic. It has certainly made me think twice before posting something in the future.