Sign in to follow this  
rah

Ventura

Hi cruisers,

I am a new member and taking our first family cruise to the canaries in August,just wondering if it is noisy on board a ship,with people talking and all that?

Having sailed numerous times on Ventura I can honestly say noise has never been a problem on this ship or on any other ship.

The only time it is noisy of sorts is by the swimming pool inside but that is just children enjoying there selves that is the only noise we have noticed and I note you have children so you will know the sort of noise I am referring to, That apart you will be surprised how quiet overall it is on board.wink.png

Don't I know it Ronsad.png mind you ours were quiet really,still are.... with heads down looking at phones.

Was on another site and the family are taking a baby who is teething,hope the people in the next cabin get some sleep.

You'll be fine rah, the noise will not bother you at all. As others have said, you'll probably be surprised as to how quiet it is on board, especially in the cabins. It's very relaxing. The only noise you will get is when out on the open decks by the pools, which is no different to being by many pools on land. I've sailed on Ventura a few times and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I was onboard in August last year, I didn't find it noisy at all, the only time it was a little louder was when the kids club were having a break so lots of children were up by the pools but it wasn't noisy it was kids playing having fun so no trouble at all!

Hello rah,they news is all bad.We have been on Ventura twice and on both cruises people did talk.

Rodger.

LOL thats a pity!

Was thinking with so many people together is it like being im a pub New Years Eve.x

All I can say is that it is a family ship and during school holidays there will be a lot of children on board and even the best behaved can be very noisy when playing the in pool. Even some of the parents are noisy. We have been on the Ventura a few times and have always enjoyed ourselves. You can usually find a quiet corner to read. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

If at any point you do find the pool areas a little loud, you could always opt for The Retreat and spend a few days there, which will be far quieter. It's also a lovely area on board and the price to access it is relatively modest.