KeithnRita

Okay Who's Cruising The Caribbean In The Winter Of 2015/2016?

Guest Solent Richard

Good morning America and in particular Keith and Rita.

I think what we call our 'Winter' extends a little bit longer than yours, possibly November to March in some cases.

But with those extremes in mind yes, we will be cruising in the Caribbean and I'm hoping you folks will be just the people to pass me any tips on this itinerary...

20093072569_72b4f39e21_z.jpg

Meanwhile I promise in the next 24 months to try a Carnival ship, preferably out of New Orleans when we can have a pre-cruise staycation.

God bless America. 

Richard, here in the Lower Ohio River Valley our winters can start mid-October thru April. This winter the Farmer's Almanac is calling for above normal snowfall. Not good news for us driving to and from Port Canaveral!

Guest Solent Richard

Richard, here in the Lower Ohio River Valley our winters can start mid-October thru April. This winter the Farmer's Almanac is calling for above normal snowfall. Not good news for us driving to and from Port Canaveral!

Wow, and there was me thinking you guys had it all so good.

We Brits have a lot to be thankful for.

Have a nice day.

We are! Will be on the Carnival Sunshine out of Port Canaveral for a B2B New Years cruise. It's our favorite time of the year to cruise! cool.png cool.png 

Hi KnR,

No Caribbean for us this winter. We are cruising, though, from San Francisco to Auckland, NZ, via the Hawaiian and Samoan Islands on P&O's Aurora. We're spending time in California beforehand and in the Bay of Islands, NZ at the end.

Hi KnR,

No Caribbean for us this winter. We are cruising, though, from San Francisco to Auckland, NZ, via the Hawaiian and Samoan Islands on P&O's Aurora. We're spending time in California beforehand and in the Bay of Islands, NZ at the end.

We are jealous of your cruise! Do 'ya want to trade?LOL

Seriously all cruises are great and some, like yours for instance, are greater!

Guest Solent Richard

Hi KnR,

Nice one David. We did that on Aurora many years ago and had a great time.

I just love Hawaii and Pago Pago. In fact the latter has my second favourite beach bar...

8524377334_edd9d80a1a_z.jpg

8511027596_66b50e018a_z.jpg

It's called the Barefoot Bar and, though this may not appeal to everyone, it's popular with the crew. wink.png

Well us folks on Vancouver Island (as in the tip) for Victoria have horrible rains and dark days  in November and into March with potential snow stopping traffic as most have no snow tires though I change each year, better grip on those wet roads. Actually if we have snow it seems to happen every five years or so and only the main roads are cleared so it means we are snow bound but being retired , just another day at home. 

Seriously we will not be cruising but are thinking about going back to Barbados to visit our extended family  around early year, As a  friend knows,  I lucked out by marrying a Barbadian. though perhaps she lucked out in spotting me checking her out

As to Richard's planned cruise, have read really good reports on Belize and Roatan, especially for it being eco tourism and not as busy as some areas. Cozumel, certainly a major cruise port and by all reports from John Heal , Senior CD of Carnival, changed over the years with lovely beach's and shops.  Course the warning is not to get too relaxed in those bars that love to serve gringos fiery Mexican alcohol out of boots by charming hostesses while everybody counts down to see how fast you can drink and you miss hearing the ships warning horn.

Though I am talking to a sophisticated cruiser  and traveller who has checked out beach bars around the world

Enjoy your  .cruise Richard :)

On the 19th February 2015, we will be flying out to Barbados and joining P&O's Azura. From Barbados after a 1 day stop over we will be cruising to Aruba, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Amber Cove,Tortola, St Maarten, St Lucia, Dominica, and then back to Barbados for our flight home. My wife and I are both looking very much forwards to this our 3rd cruise to the Caribbean. While we have enjoyed all of our other cruises in and around both the Western and Eastern Mediterranean, the Caribbean is always something very special. If you haven't tried it before, make sure you do before you get too old....... although, thinking about it, you can never be too old for a Caribbean cruise.

On the 19th February 2015, we will be flying out to Barbados and joining P&O's Ventura. From Barbados after a 1 day stop over we will be cruising to Aruba, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Amber Cove,Tortola, St Maarten, St Lucia, Dominica, and then back to Barbados for our flight home. My wife and I are both looking very much forwards to this our 3rd cruise to the Caribbean. While we have enjoyed all of our other cruises in and around both the Western and Eastern Mediterranean, the Caribbean is always something very special. If you haven't tried it before, make sure you do before you get too old....... although, thinking about it, you can never be too old for a Caribbean cruise.

Sounds lovely Sandpiper, have a great holidaysmile.png

Thought I would update my progress. Cruise all paid for, just spending money to save now smile.png 

P&O Cruises Azura - Caribbean

11th December 2015 - 14 nights

Highlights: Bridgetown, Bonaire, Curacao, Aruba, Amber Cove, Tortola, St Maarten, Antigua, Grenada, Bridgetown

First time in the Caribbean and I CAN NOT wait!

Bring on the SUN!!! cool.png cool.png

I don't think we will be in the Caribbean this winter, although I will never say never. If a really great deal comes up we may reconsider. Our present plan is to spend a month in Portugal. We know it will not be hot, but should be considerably better than the snow and ice in Southern Ontario. We have talked about this for a long time, but while my mother was alive every trip to Europe involved a few weeks in Wales, so maybe this is the winter to do it. Once we have completed our back to back cruises, Istanbul to Fort Lauderdale, we will seriously start planning our winter activities.

Sheila

10th? So excited!

I'll be the one on the sunlounger with a line of frozen margharita's next to me! biggrin.png

Well I will be boarding on the 11th but flying from the UK, Gatwick. I finish work on the 10th so my holiday starts then!

I will keep my eye out for you, I will prob be the one laid next to you with ice cold Corona being delivered frequently! haha! cool.png