Sign in to follow this  
dancefloordemon

Silversea, Regent And Seabourn

Hi  I have sailed with Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal but as yet not cruised with Regent.  It's a few years since my last voyage on Seabourn but it certainly was a very good cruise experience with excellent food and service.  However, I do rate Silverssea slightly higher the staff were more attentive and the food was equally as good as Seabourn but as expected on the Italian owned cruise line (Silversea) was geared more to European tastes which I prefer.  When I sailed with Crystal I was dubious whether a "large" vessel carrying around 750 passengers (small by most current ships) could deliver a personal attentive service.  My fears were allayed they offer a great product, the food was better than the either Seabourn or Silversea (however, I would be happy to dine with all three), the service wasn't quite as personal but I did think that the "free" education courses offer on board were very good. 

Whilst in Italy a couple of months ago I saw a Regent ship (Seven Seas Mariner) and a Silversea ship (sorry, can't remember which one) and I was surprised to see the Silversea ship looking rather rusty and shabby, not what you'd expect from such a luxurious line. The Regent ship from the outside was gleaming and far more opulent in appearance from where I was standing.

Sad to say I haven't sailed on either!

Any thought on how Azamara compare to these three?

Hi  I do rate Azamara the best value cruise line for food and service but it's difficult to compare this cruise line with the 6 star lines due to large difference in the boarding fares.  On Silversea even the cheapest accommodation would be considered a junior suite (some lines would even call them suites), you get a walk in wardrobe, a double sink, a full sized bath and separate shower; a Butler and Godiva chocolate treats.  This is similar with Seabourn.  The cabins are less spacious on Crystal and you only get a three quarter sized bath.  The cabins on Azamara are small and the bathroom is tiny as dancefloordemon states.  Although the food and service is good to excellent on Azamara they aren't quite as good as the others an example of this is that on the 6 star lines ordering off menu isn't a problem and the galley will prepare you your favourite dish on request.   The passenger to space ratio is much less on Azamara and the service isn't quite as attentive.

Guest Solent Richard

We all love a bit of luxury don't we!

If you have travelled on any of these, which is your favourite and why?!wink.png wink.png

I have sailed with two of your three examples. 

Earlier this year my wife and I sailed with Silverseas on Silver Spirit from Los Angeles to Tahiti...

16490504511_fcc440265a_z.jpg

15869714604_0271a66c05_z.jpg

Three years ago we did an Alaskan cruise on Regent Seven Seas Navigator...

navigator-alaska-itinerary.jpg?w=300&h=1

8971834231_8ce06beb0e_z.jpg

Each had their own strong points and advantages and each was a cut well above mass market cruising. On balance and given a similar itinerary I would choose Regent Seven Seas above Silverseas.

However, while both being very good and enjoyable cruises there is one cruise line that I found last year that beat them both hands down for a 'perfect' cruising experience. That was Hapag Lloyd's  Europa 2...

15231184650_e0247cea7e_z.jpg

Interestingly the Europa 2 wasn't 'all inclusive' but it did cost more than the other two I have mentioned.

Hi  I do rate Azamara the best value cruise line for food and service but it's difficult to compare this cruise line with the 6 star lines due to large difference in the boarding fares.  On Silversea even the cheapest accommodation would be considered a junior suite (some lines would even call them suites), you get a walk in wardrobe, a double sink, a full sized bath and separate shower; a Butler and Godiva chocolate treats.  This is similar with Seabourn.  The cabins are less spacious on Crystal and you only get a three quarter sized bath.  The cabins on Azamara are small and the bathroom is tiny as dancefloordemon states.  Although the food and service is good to excellent on Azamara they aren't quite as good as the others an example of this is that on the 6 star lines ordering off menu isn't a problem and the galley will prepare you your favourite dish on request.   The passenger to space ratio is much less on Azamara and the service isn't quite as attentive.

Thanks for that Land Ahoy. I've wondered for a while what the extent of the difference was between Azamara and the aforementioned brands. Not that I would turn down any of them given the chance smile.png

Hapag Lloyd looks nice Richard. I had never even heard of them if I'm truly honest but having just had a look, they do look lovely. What attracted you to them?