Sign in to follow this  
wanderlust

Gyms Onboard Cruises

Will be interesting to see if many people actually do use the gyms on board. Like your mum Bumble Bee, I bet many cruisers have all the best intentions of using the facilities by packing their trainers and gym wear but making it into the gym is whole different matter when there is so much more going on.

I dont think any amount of exercise justifies the amount of food and drink that gets consumed on a holiday, even if you go with the intention of being careful and not over-eating! a 3 course meal every evening is impossible to resist...

Hi I never use the gym while on board.  I always walk around the ship and never use the lifts and walk extensively at the ports of call.  Although I'm sure some passengers do use the gym I do find it bewildering that many use the lifts to get them there.

As someone who was a regular gym goer in middle age, I invariably check out the gym facilities and have been known to use them, on occasion. Particularly cycling and rowing machines. I prefer, however, to get my exercise on board ship by playing table tennis and then taking a dip in the pool, using the water for resistance type exercise if swimming proves impossible.

Will be interesting to see if many people actually do use the gyms on board. Like your mum Bumble Bee, I bet many cruisers have all the best intentions of using the facilities by packing their trainers and gym wear but making it into the gym is whole different matter when there is so much more going on.

No no Seven Seas, I've no intention whatsoever of using the gym.wink.png

walking around the deck and taking in the fresh sea air is always much more appealing than the gym! Ive always taken notice of the fitness classes advertised each day in the newsletter delivered to the cabin and always wondered whether people attend these..

I use a gym at home  four / five  times a week and on a cruise I go most days. I also go to the early morning classes.

As I world cruise or do  month long cruises I use the gym early each morning.

I get up and go  straight there before breakfast. I then follow this with  the 30 minute exercise class.

As a person who works out regularly , I would miss doing my work out  if I never went whilst on the ship, I also walk on the ship but you need different types of exercise to keep you fully fit. Most people only do it as they think it will keep their weight down when on the cruise.
I have spent as many as 120 at sea on a world voyage and never gained weight.  That is because I exercise but  I also  I am very disciplined in what I eat on the cruise. So Yes, I enjoy the gym and the equipment is usually  first class and I enjoy  the fitness instructor's classes, It s a good way to start your day.:)

You would be amazed at the  number of people who use the gym on a world cruise. The Japanese love it ! As do the Americans.

I use a gym at home  four / five  times a week and on a cruise I go most days. I also go to the early morning classes.

As I world cruise or do  month long cruises I use the gym early each morning.

I get up and go  straight there before breakfast. I then follow this with  the 30 minute exercise class.

As a person who works out regularly , I would miss doing my work out  if I never went whilst on the ship, I also walk on the ship but you need different types of exercise to keep you fully fit. Most people only do it as they think it will keep their weight down when on the cruise.

I have spent as many as 120 at sea on a world voyage and never gained weight.  That is because I exercise but  I also  I am very disciplined in what I eat on the cruise. So Yes, I enjoy the gym and the equipment is usually  first class and I enjoy  the fitness instructor's classes, It s a good way to start your day.smile.png

You would be amazed at the  number of people who use the gym on a world cruise. The Japanese love it ! As do the Americans.

Have to say I am not that careful as to what I eat on a cruise, I just accept that I have weight to lose when I return home, but have come across several people who are as disciplined as you regarding food on board. However, "the other side of the coin" is that there are of course some people who should never go near the "food centred" cruises.