Sign in to follow this  
Don_Harrison

New To Forum, New To Amawaterways!

Good afternoon all,

I have just subscribed to the forum today. My wife Joy and I have booked our first river cruise this weekend. We have booked P&O and Celebrity cruises previously with Bolsover cruises, but this is our first on a river cruise.

Our travel advisor has been very helpful, however we wanted to join this forum to see what other first-hand advice we can pick up along the way.

We're not cruising until next summer, we've booked a 1 week Rhone & Provence cruise on the AmaDagio which we received by email at the weekend. We had been studying similar cruises for a while and decided to take the plunge when this offer arrived. 

We look forward to reading about Ama or any other river cruise lines on this forum! 

Hi Welcome to the forum.  I have been on three river cruises with three different cruise lines, unfortunately none were with Amawaterways.  I enjoyed all of them, the ambience is different to that on ocean cruises, the excursions fill your daytime successfully but the evenings are less active, but you have had a full day so it is nice to relax.  However, on many evenings you will be berthed and you can explore all the facilities the port as to offer.  There is less choice of items on the menu but certainly sufficient to satisfy most but to compensate they are prepared from fresh ingredients.  I'm sure you will enjoy the experience.

Hello, I'm new to the forum, too. I have experience with the Mekong River Cruise. Have you ever heard of it? We spent 2 weeks in South East Asia and visit 3 countries: Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia. It was an unforgettable trip for me and my husband.