wanderlust

Ventura Christmas mini-cruise

Interesting  about Ventura, I was on her a few weeks ago, (Not that impressed) I just don't like P&O even though I sail with them now and again. Especially the rear facing Metropolis Bar. Then they had problems with the thrusters. Many a time we came out of port only to go around in circles to check them out. 1 Port the divers were down doing something to the stern of the ship.   The extra Captain was also on board, apparently it is courtesy that you have the Captain and Deputy Captain in uniform but any one else has to be is in Civvies.

Looks like Ventura did not make it to Amsterdam due to 'Bad Weather" although Queen Victoria which left Southampton at same time Did.

Sounds similar to what occurred to Queen Elizabeth Just before their Christmas Cruise in 2014. That did not enter the lock and just sailed the English Channel to Plymouth and returned to Southampton a day early.

Apparantly Queen Vic has stronger/more powerful bow thrusters than Ventura and can handle the bluster better... this is what the passengers onboard Ventura were advised anyway!

I was very disappointed that we didn't get to be in Amsterdam on New Year's Eve. Never been before. Would have loved to watch the fireworks from the deck. Funny how it always seems to be a P&O cruise when we miss a port of call. Only missed a port of call once with all the other cruise lines we have sailed with, and that company refunded our port taxes, never had a refund with P&O. The whole cruise was a bit disappointing actually, especially dining. Poor choice of food in the Waterside buffet, poor service in the MDR. Felt like our food was practically thrown at us and we walked out one night when we got sick of waiting for our waiter to come and take our order for dessert. Always used to like Ventura and was going to book this ship again when we go away in August but I'm going to book Britannia instead and hope the cutbacks aren't as obvious on her.