Sign in to follow this  
badmintongirl

amber cove

Amber Cove is a brand new port and will receive it's first cruise ship, the Carnival Victory, today, Oct 6, 2015.

It looks like you will be there before us. We are due to arrive on the Carnival Sunshine on Dec 29.

Click this link for more info:  http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Amber-Cove-to-bring-more-variety-to-Carnivals-Caribbean-cruises

KeithnRita, I was interested to read the article in the link which says this place has the only cable car in the Caribbean. This is wrong. St Thomas BVI has a cable car. I know because I've been on it.

So have we. The cable car to Paradise Point.Great views and good photo opt!

post-5246-0-42198900-1444224791_thumb.jpg

hi j-dog sounds like your on the azura like us hope we are the only ship there

I fly to the Caribbean on the 11th and set sail on the 12th!! CAN NOT wait!

hi j-dog sounds like your on the azura like us hope we are the only ship there

According to cruisetimetables.com the Azura will be the only ship in port Dec 18.

Badmintongirl, J-Dog and KeithnRita. It sounds like you will be among the first on our Forum to visit Amber Cove. It is all so brand new

I will be looking for your reviews, although I will probably have left Southampton before Keith and Rita return.

I have checked it out on the web, and viewed Carnival's reviews of its new port venture in the Caribbean. I will be visiting Amber Cove in the New Year and have had a look at the excursions on offer on my cruise, 12 in all, varying from a $29 (2 and a half hr.) drive around, various $49/$60/$89 half day trips to VIP beach resorts or an Ocean World Pass for $49, $69 for a Truck Adventure and $89 for a (3 and half hr.) Quad bike ride.

I think I will go for the 6 hours of Rum and Relaxation for $49 (My favourite) There does not seem to be a simple sight-seeing excursion offering a good look at the north of Dominica.

Enjoy

We cruised to the Dominican Republic in 2004 on the Zaandam. Did not book an excursions as we just took a taxi to downtown Santa Domingo and did some shopping. The locals were great! Amber Cove is on the opposite side of the island.  

post-5246-0-50977200-1444679897_thumb.jpg

Badmintongirl, J-Dog and KeithnRita. It sounds like you will be among the first on our Forum to visit Amber Cove. It is all so brand new

I will be looking for your reviews, although I will probably have left Southampton before Keith and Rita return.

I have checked it out on the web, and viewed Carnival's reviews of its new port venture in the Caribbean. I will be visiting Amber Cove in the New Year and have had a look at the excursions on offer on my cruise, 12 in all, varying from a $29 (2 and a half hr.) drive around, various $49/$60/$89 half day trips to VIP beach resorts or an Ocean World Pass for $49, $69 for a Truck Adventure and $89 for a (3 and half hr.) Quad bike ride.

I think I will go for the 6 hours of Rum and Relaxation for $49 (My favourite) There does not seem to be a simple sight-seeing excursion offering a good look at the north of Dominica.

Enjoy

Thanks for the info... Although the rum sounds good, I am sure there will be plenty more time for rum drinking on the other islands so will be looking at the Quad biking!

Only 59 days and counting!!!