Sign in to follow this  
Boushki

COSTA CRUISES

Hi   I have only sailed with Costa once and although I can say I did enjoy my cruise it was still  my least enjoyable having sailed on over fifty voyages.  The décor of the ships are "over the top" or stunning depending upon your tastes, I fall into the former opinion.  The food served is fine but nothing special (I have eaten frozen pizza which was tastier).  The ships are crowded and the flow of people isn't helped by the fact that many of the passengers just stop and chat in the main corridors.  The entertainment is OK but the daytime activities wouldn't look out of place in a fifties holiday camp.  The announcements are in five languages and English is the last one given, by this time most passengers are talking and Italians don't do quiet.  The service levels were fine, the cabin steward kept the place spotless.  The dining staff were fine but don't expect ideal service, if you don't order the starter and opt for the second course on the menu, you will have wait, they only served dishes in order, unlike most cruise lines.  Others like the Costa ambience but I wouldn't recommend this cruise line IMO most others outperform this company.  I suppose the main advantage of Costa cruises is that the cost of the holiday is low and the fact that smoking is allowed in certain indoors areas (bars) but for non-smokers this may be a bad thing.  Before anybody suggests I am a "little Englander" my two favourite cruises are owned by Italian and Japanese companies.

I wonder if people still have hang ups from what happened to the Concordia, they always seem to advertise themselves as the premium Italian cruise company although I think they are owned by Carnival, maybe consumer confidence is the issue from UK TRAVELLERS

Consumer confidence may be the issue for UK travellers... Do you think there is anything Costa could do to boost this?

Hi  In my limited experience of Costa cruise lines  they should improve the quality of their product.  If they remain the same I wouldn't have the confidence or desire to book another cruise with them.