Guest Solent Richard

Nice Touch - Thank you Bolsover

Hi SR,

Interestingly, my wife and I popped into Aldi last Friday and they were selling the Serrano Ham kits too. Much better to know you bought in Barcelona, I think.

Enjoy.

DavidH

Hi SR,

Interestingly, my wife and I popped into Aldi last Friday and they were selling the Serrano Ham kits too. Much better to know you bought in Barcelona, I think.

Enjoy.

DavidH

Hi David

That's funny as I'm sure I saw the ham itself in Lidl...is there a tie up between the two?

Guest Solent Richard

Why is there English printed on the box if it is an authentic Spanish product?

Good afternoon Cap'n.

I can only imagine because they are such high quality and desirable that they are exported  outside Spain. I mean to say, my BMW has English lettering all over it as well.

Any doubts...

https://www.ham-cheese-wine.com/ham-cutting-accessories.aspx

Guest Solent Richard

I saw them I'm Morrisons too.

£20 or £25 for them both.

Gosh, Morrisons cheaper than Lidl or Aldi.

Guest Solent Richard

Hi SR,

Enjoy.

DavidH

Hi David.

Yes, Aldi advertised them in the national press over the weekend before we cruised: but they weren't actually on sale until after we had sailed (Thursday 10 Dec). 

Having now got the one I did I am more than pleased I didn't fall for their offer.

Not sure about the desired and high quality, SR. Looks like they coukd not sell them so exported them to Fortnun and Mason...sorry got that wrong - those high quality purveyors Morrisons, Aldi and Lidl! By the way I to have a German manufactured car but would not like to suggest it was any better than other, British, cars I have owned.

Guest 132LK132

How pathetically childish! Look at me and all my pressies! Are you 70 or 7?

From the photos it is hard to decipher one ham from the other!

Didn't think you would stoop so low as to accept a 'Serrano Ham' from a discount German retailer even if it is from its 'deluxe range'. What ever happened to Best of British?

lidl-uk-expands-deluxe-range-after-sales

Are you sure it is a genuine Serrano - does it have the PDO, PGI or TSG accreditation?

Remember to monitor your intake - processed meats are getting a lot of bad publicity at the moment.

Guest Solent Richard

Didn't think you would stoop so low as to accept a 'Serrano Ham' from a discount German retailer even if it is from its 'deluxe range'. What ever happened to Best of British?

Are you sure it is a genuine Serrano - does it have the PDO, PGI or TSG accreditation?

Remember to monitor your intake - processed meats are getting a lot of bad publicity at the moment.

Welcome back to the forum.

Not much happening on the other forum then?

Personally I would never question either the quality or the origin of purchase of a gift.

And the fact that I have reached 70 as a dedicated and declared  carnivore still fit and in excellent health tells a story. laugh.png laugh.png

Salamanca Viking Herring cruise lunch last July 2014...

23527804100_d81298649c_z.jpg

PS. It's now 7 months since you promised us a review of your Celebrity cruise. The anticipation hasn't waned.

Guest Solent Richard

I thought that ham was bad for you as is a lot of other processed meats.

Well ham features very frequently in Mediterranean diets Pesky Pirate...

23196681443_09c1250319_z.jpg

...and I think it's safe to say they enjoy a healthier lifestyle down there.

Guest Solent Richard

One can, thanks to my friend Les,  even get back onto a cruising theme.

P&O serve an excellent Jamon Pata Negra in their 'Seventeen' speciality restaurant on board Azura...

8911290232_5ce6a08c88_z.jpg

Really? Was there any need for such a negative comment?

If you don't like the topic then might I suggest ignoring it or moving on when reading through the posts. The irony of all irony is that you mention the word "childish" in your post. I don't think anything gets more childish than such a comment on a forum that is otherwise, for the majority, trying to focus on genuine topics that make for good reading.

This weekend just gone I celebrated a special birthday.

Imagine my delight to receive in Saturday's post a really good quality personal birthday card from Bolsover Cruise Club. A really nice touch and much appreciated.

The postman also delivered personalised cards from P&O and Hapag-Lloyd while I receive e-cards from Silversea and Cunard.

Arn't birthdays fun.

Thanks again Bolsover Cruise Club.

Nice one Richard, it's very rare to receive best wishes from companies these days. Looks like you had an enjoyable birthday.

Regards

Don

See The usual "The Cunarder year book" 2015/2016 arrived this morning with a letter from Richard Curtis.

Congratulations Dickie for reaching the ripe old age of 70. However, Hope you had your fingers crossed when placing your presents on your table, I was always taught that putting shoes on a table brought bad luck. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoes_on_a_table

post-2910-0-23387300-1450452692_thumb.jpg

Guest Solent Richard

See The usual "The Cunarder year book" 2015/2016 arrived this morning with a letter from Richard Curtis.

Congratulations Dickie for reaching the ripe old age of 70. However, Hope you had your fingers crossed when placing your presents on your table, I was always taught that putting shoes on a table brought bad luck. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoes_on_a_table

Maybe mine will arrive tomorrow.

By the way, they weren't shoes, they were slippers. wink.png wink.png

Guest Solent Richard

Slipper is soft comfortable shoe that you wear in your house !

I remember when they were an instrument for inflicting pain on one's posterior. laugh.png laugh.png

And on that note I'm going to slip away for the weekend.

Have good one everybody.

Guest 132LK132
Personally I would never question either the quality or the origin of  the purchase of a gift.

However, you have no issue and are very quick off the mark to denigrate others who may cruise with mass market lines pointing out quality issues.

As regards the healthy Mediterrean diets, I think it is down to  more  of them eating less saturated fats than those in Northern Europe than their consumption of processed meats!

Now that you have turned 70 - will obtaining travel insurance become more of a challenge?

Guest Solent Richard

However, you have no issue and are very quick off the mark to denigrate others who may cruise with mass market lines pointing out quality issues.

As regards the healthy Mediterrean diets, I think it is down to  more  of them eating less saturated fats than those in Northern Europe than their consumption of processed meats!

Now that you have turned 70 - will obtaining travel insurance become more of a challenge?

Good morning Les.

Good to see you supporting the forum on a Friday evening in your usual 'positive' manner.

I trust you weren't disappointed that a response wasn't forthcoming over the weekend but as one of my avid followers you really should know I have better things to do over the weekend than trawl cruise forums.

Personally I feel everyone has the right to comment on 'mass market cruising' and if the odd correction of facts is construed as 'denigration', then so be it.

As for your question on obtaining holiday insurance now that i have passed the age of 70, I'd be delighted to respond though I'm of the opinion you may not like the answer.

But first I would stress that rather than me give all the answers its about time you answered a question or two of mine - when are we going to see your review of Celebrity Eclipse that you promised so long ago. Seven months ago I believe.

Come on now, your not usually that shy. wink.png wink.png