Sign in to follow this  
sunnygirl

Arcadia and Other PnO ships menu's

Hi,

I have cruised with P&O a few times. The last ship being Arcadia.

This was a four night cruise.

The time before that was the Ventura, 15 night Caribbean cruise.

I was disappionted with the Arcadia menu. It wasn't as full as the Ventura. For e.g. if you take a look on the P&O website at a typical menu and one which we received on the Ventura, Starter, Soup, Main Course, dessert, etc... on the Arcadia, the soup and starter was one choice you had one or the other.

Next year I am going on another four day cruise, this time on the Ventura. This is for my husbands special Birthday, and we are taking family with us. I have been showing my family examples of the ventura menu, but will be very disappionted if it turns out to be like the Arcadia. Can anyone help here. Has anyone recently been on the Ventura on a four day cruise? if so, what was the menu like. Do they do different menu's because its four days only? if this is the case, then that is not good !

We are not greedy, but I was very very disappionted with the Arcadia.

I would also like to add here that that the P&O website has got the Arcadia menu wrong.

Kind Regards

I think they do change some things on a shorter cruise and maybe the menu is one of these. My parents went on a 3 day cruise on the Aurora a few months ago and noticed a few things which were different to a longer cruise

Yes, it does , on the Arcadia we didn't have all that.

So the website shouldn't show it.

When we were on the Ventura we went to the White Room, Marco P. White for dinner. I see that no longer exsists.

Its called the Epicurean. Can anyone shed some light on this as i was going to book the White Room for my husbands Birthday.

Hi,

I have cruised with P&O a few times. The last ship being Arcadia.

This was a four night cruise.

The time before that was the Ventura, 15 night Caribbean cruise.

I was disappionted with the Arcadia menu. It wasn't as full as the Ventura. For e.g. if you take a look on the P&O website at a typical menu and one which we received on the Ventura, Starter, Soup, Main Course, dessert, etc... on the Arcadia, the soup and starter was one choice you had one or the other.

It may well be that you can still ask for a starter and a soup if you so wish.

If you want a starter, soup main, course and dessert you can have them -just order. Our menu's only showed 3 courses but you could order what you want. I believe you can also still order a fish course if you want. A couple on our table last year ordered sorbet for before their main course every night. Your waiters will just get what you want. You can also order special coffee's for after dinner on P&O if you prefer an espresso or cappuccino just ask.  

I agree with seawitch - we order what we want and it has never been refused. I like cheese & buscuits at the end of my meal and, on all my cruises, the waiters have brought it over without being asked. I always had extra chips and often soup and then another starter.

Guest Solent Richard

I agree with seawitch - we order what we want and it has never been refused. I like cheese & buscuits at the end of my meal and, on all my cruises, the waiters have brought it over without being asked. I always had extra chips and often soup and then another starter.

That's been my experience with all my P&O cruises - some 273 nights in total.

Indeed, on many occasions I have taken the main course 'Fish' choice as a seafood course between the appetiser and main course and a nibble of cheese to round off the red wine.

Similarly with additional vegetables. 

One only has to ask.

And there is always the Stilton which is never on the menu - just ask 

We were on the Arcadia earlier this year and got the full works as far as the menu was concerned, the food was very good all round

Guest Solent Richard

And there is always the Stilton which is never on the menu - just ask 

We were on the Arcadia earlier this year and got the full works as far as the menu was concerned, the food was very good all round

Good morning June.

Talking of the Stilton I picked up an old naval custom many years ago of having my Stilton, not with biscuits but with a crisp green apple.

It is a custom I continue on both P&O and Cunard and, as you say, you just need to ask.

After the first night the waiters have the apple at their station. wink.png

Yes, it does , on the Arcadia we didn't have all that.

So the website shouldn't show it.

When we were on the Ventura we went to the White Room, Marco P. White for dinner. I see that no longer exsists.

Its called the Epicurean. Can anyone shed some light on this as i was going to book the White Room for my husbands Birthday.

It is Called The Epicurean at The White Room on Ventura and includes a free Bottle of wine on some sailings, if you book for 6pm to 6.30pm seating.