cruise addict

Tea & Coffee making facilities

That's amazing. My dividend on my 150 shareholding was £29.84 after tax last month (yes I know, its paid quarterly) which I normally treat as just 'petty cash'.

I place more store in the OBCs I receive when cruising, two this year: £150.00 on Britannia and $150.00 on Queen Mary 2.

As for the 'ergo' Carnival share price I'm more than happy with that as well. Up 74p yesterday and now riding on a year high of £38.74; or if you prefer, a £21.09 profit since I purchased them. 

When is this one up-manship going to stop ?

Guest Solent Richard

Complimentary? Matey you have paid well for your capsules in your fare!

Surely you are not that naïve or stupid!

As of course one does with any additionally 'included' items in a fare.

Do you really think Celebrity, RCI and NCL adding drinks packages doesn't add an element to the basic fare?

We could discuss Royal Caribbean removing cabin kettles when their ships leave UK waters for wintering in the Caribbean.

The Americans pay less fares - so I'm told - so are the Brits paying the price for their morning 'cuppa'.

My view is that they added the kettles for UK sailings in order to 'help' poach customers from P&O: where kettles and biscuits are standard in cabins.

Guest Solent Richard

I wouldn't think that as naïve at all! I think it shows initiative, smartness and a certainly level of entrepreneurship. As significant saving - as you say every little helps!

However, it won't do much for Costa's profits ergo Carnival's share price. More's the pity because I do enjoy by shareholder OBC. Chris and I had a very nice treat with our last dividend payment. I look forward to the next one!

Good morning again Pennbank.

This is after all a forum where debate is allowed.

I was very keen to learn about 123LK's Carnival shareholding and the benefits received.

As I'm sure you will agree as a shareholder yourself, if one needs to have a 'treat' from a single dividend then one must have one hell of a large share holding.

Most folk I know hold just the minimum of 100 where the dividend last month would be less than £20.00.

Even more curious, Les told us some time back she'd only done three cruises. As one was on Celebrity and the other MSC, one does wonder about the statement..."However, it won't do much for Costa's profits ergo Carnival's share price. More's the pity because I do enjoy by shareholder OBC".

As you and I both know, the OBC element of shareholding benefits has nothing to do with holdings or profits - though I'd readily admit they are announced annually.

Looking forward to the discussion and in the meantime, as it's now veered to Cunard, I'll ring for room service.

wink.png wink.png 

A review? I thought that cruise was still ongoing.

For sure Richard did a top notch recent review on Facebook,,. WordPress and his blog and would imagine to be here also

As to the Tea/ Coffee , it also includes drinks and excursions so the rate is valid

Here is a link , if it helps  http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/12/28/viking-star-a-taste-of-something-different/

I should add cabin service is nice in the morning for me

I was enjoying the added sharing  information and yes , the humour.

See no oneup manship happening , a simple post and we all share what we have experienced

If it was not for sharing I would never have thought of buying large mugs so my wife could enjoy her tea in the cabin with some choice deserts I took from the buffet

The same mugs allowed me to take ashore a hot beverage or to the library when ordering room service in the morning which we enjoy ,, relaxing