Sign in to follow this  
Starboard

Pre/Post Cruise Barbados Hotel Stay with Star Clippers

Hi,

I haven't been on the forum for a while but have just been reading the Bolsover Into The Blue magazine and it's peaked my interest in a particular cruise line. I've never done a Star Clippers cruise before but it's something that I've admired from afar for a while now. Firstly has anyone cruised with them and if so can you give me some feedback?

Secondly if we decide to go ahead, which we're strongly thinking of doing so, can anyone offer any advice on a pre/post cruise hotel stay in Barbados? My initial interest in adding a few days was a while ago but having read the Into The Blue magazine section on a member of Bolsover's staff spending time with Star Clippers I was interested to see the hotels that they offer over there. Having done some initial research, the Colony Club is my favourite so far but I wondered if fellow forum members had any thoughts on this hotel as well as the others: Mango Bay Crystal Cove, Tamarind and finally The House.

All feedback would be welcome. Thanks in advance. 

Hi Starboard, sorry to see you haven't received many replies on this. I enjoyed reading the into the blue magazine myself and particularly the section on Star Clippers. While I don't have any experience of these hotels myself, two friends of mine spend 2 weeks every March/April in Barbados and almost always book the Colony Club. They are also big fans of the Fairmont. I've seen photos from there time spent at the Colony Club and it does look beautiful. They always go on about how they are just a few feet away from the beach and the sea so I would imagine, having looked at the website, they opt for a luxury ocean view room. They always come back raving about it so worth considering. 

One day I'll join them, hopefully soon!

Thanks for the response sammy. Having looked at the hotels on offer, I agree that the Colony Club does seem to be our preferred choice. It is close however as The House also looks excellent.

Hi Starboard, I lived in Barabdos for 17 years and would highly recommend The Coral Reef Club or The Sandpiper which are sister hotels and are located close to Holetown where there are lots of shops and restaurants. The Colony is also a lovely hotel and located a little further up the coast from Coral Reef. :)