Sign in to follow this  
sammy sun

Norwegian Cruise Line adds go-kart track to new ship....Is it too much?

Saw a news story this morning that Norwegian Cruise Line will have an actual go-kart track on their new ship Norwegian Joy. The ship will be based in China. I'm all for new technology and for pushing boundaries but I'm not sure a go-kart track would be at the top of most people's list when asked what they'd like to see on board new ships. Nevertheless, I would still definitely give it a go given half the chance. I see they're also adding hover craft bumper cars and also going down the same route as Royal Caribbean and offering virtual balcony cabins.

Before anyone asks...no this is not an April fool, there will actually be a go-kart track on the ship. 

Ha Ha great story Sammy, just have a vision of someone leaving the track & straight into the drink!!!

Haha now that would be a story cruise chef! 

Wonder if you can be done for drink go-kart driving on board, if so I'd never make it on!

Trying to poach the RC cruisers no doubt.

I'm not so sure wheels. I think these two companies get painted as being mirror images of each other all to often. Yes they both focus heavily on entertainment, especially new innovations to create novelty interest but I found the overall experience of an NCL cruise to be far different to that of a Royal Caribbean. The freestyle cruising concept is different to a lot of other cruise lines and the range of dining choice with NCL is fantastic. I'm not saying RCI's is poor as that would not be true but they still have a lot of differences between them.