Brian nadin

Upgrade cabin

We have booked a cruise with Thomson to Caribbean next January and booked inside cabin but we now want to upgrade to outside plus but after getting in touch with shop we booked with they are asking for over 400 pounds yet in brochure it's about 250 pounds, why is this and is there another avenue to pursue to get it cheaper, we are upgrading after all?

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum.

Sometimes, if you get in touch with the cruise operator directly, they may honour the original price of the cruise but I don't know if Thomson is one of them. I have heard in the past with other cruise lines that this has happened but not very often. 

The only other alternative is to state that you are willing to take an upgrade but then you could end up anywhere on the ship and not always in a good location.

The problem these days is that once the booking is made not all operators are happy to help as they already have your booking and can sell cabins off late on other deals. Its not how it used to be.

I don't know whether this will help or not but either way I am sure you will enjoy the Caribbean.

TPP cool.png

Hi  I do hope you enjoy cruise.  Cruise pricing is very fluid, sometimes the price falls other times it goes up.  As suggested you may be able to contact the operator directly but they may not alter the price.  It is possible that the price of the upgrade cabin is £250 but the company charges an administration fee of £150 to amend your booking.  I hope you are successful in your efforts.

MG16 is quite right as far as P&O are concerned if you ask for an upgrade after booking they will charge you the price at the time of original booking,maybe other lines use the same criteria.wink.png

We have booked a cruise with Thomson to Caribbean next January and booked inside cabin but we now want to upgrade to outside plus but after getting in touch with shop we booked with they are asking for over 400 pounds yet in brochure it's about 250 pounds, why is this and is there another avenue to pursue to get it cheaper, we are upgrading after all?

I recently upgraded on the Discovery for August, I was initially charged £290, when I returned home a few hours later I checked online and it was showing £190, as you can imagine I was not happy.

I still don't understand their explanation, but it was something to do with adding the cost of my original inside cabin to the cost of the upgraded outside cabin to get the final figure?????????

Needless to say I complained, and after some back and forth arguments they agreed instore (Thomson) to take the hit and refund the difference, incidently the shop couldn't get Thomson direct to back down.

I can only suggest you go back I store and argue your case with them.

HLM.