Sign in to follow this  
Boushki

CRYSTAL CRUISE LUXURY AIR NEW FOR 2017

Crystal Luxury Air will offer "extravagant around-the-world trips in the world's most advanced twin-aisle Boeing 787 Dreamliner. The plush aircraft, which usually seats 300, will take just 60 guests in fully reclining business class seats to destinations to which major airlines do not offer a non-stop service.

This is another example of how Crystal seem to set themselves apart from other luxury lines. I've never sailed with Crystal and baring in mind my budget, I'm unlikely to be doing so anytime soon but if I had my pick of luxury operators, it would between Crystal and Seabourn. Crystal seem to be pushing the boat out so to speak of late though. The river cruise ships look very nice, as does the new ocean ship they're building and the announcement of the dreamliner service just seems to be another example of them leaving other luxury operators behind. Regent's new ship does look lovely but I think Crystal still have the edge. That's how I perceive it from the outside anyway, hopefully one day I'll know for sure.

Hi  I have sailed with Crystal and they do offer an excellent cruise experience.  I am positive that  the airline will be luxurious but I doubt whether most people will have sufficient money to fund a journey on this airline.

I guess if you have the money why not!

Hi I cannot disagree with your summary but I question whether a "luxury" product should really be discussed on this forum.  I doubt whether much more 1% of the contributors on this forum have sailed with Crystal and of those even less would be willing to pay the high supplements to fly on this airline.  For most members on this form, including myself, this level of indulgence is just a pipe dream

Having also travelled on Crystal myself, I think the more people made aware of the luxury products and what they have to offer can only be beneficial. We here time & time again that the passengers who have cruised for many years with the same line are becoming frustrated at the dumbing down of services & amenities. Well may if the forum sows the seed for some of these passengers to move away and try the luxury brands they may realize that it is closer to the cruising experience they grew up with and enjoyed.

Hi I cannot disagree with your summary but I question whether a "luxury" product should really be discussed on this forum.  I doubt whether much more 1% of the contributors on this forum have sailed with Crystal and of those even less would be willing to pay the high supplements to fly on this airline.  For most members on this form, including myself, this level of indulgence is just a pipe dream

I do not know if I am reading this wrong but why should this cruise line not be discussed on this forum just because you assume members cannot go on it? I would say we can still talk about it and have a look?

Hi  cruise chef

You have made a very good point. I too have enjoyed my cruises on Crystal, Seabourn and Silversea and it may be worth promoting these products for those who feel that cruising is becoming less luxurious.  But also reading many. threads on this forum about the cost of drinks, tips, shore excursions etc I feel that many of the contributors are very cost conscious in these times of economic uncertainty.  I would, like to point out that as the 6 star lines are much more inclusive so that the final cost of the cruise is not greatly different to that you  would pay on a mass market ship.  To eat as well as well as you would have to attend the supplementary dining venues every night, pay for freshly squeezed orange juice each morning, pay extra for each cup of coffee you consume since the "free" coffee is usually pretty poor.  Alcoholic beverages are included in the boarding fare and the wines, spirits (malt whisky, cognac etc) offered are all of a reasonable standard.  Therefore you don't have a large on board account to settle upon leaving the ship meaning the total cost of the holiday rather than just taking into account the initial boarding fare is not as great as many passenger perceive

This is another example of how Crystal seem to set themselves apart from other luxury lines. I've never sailed with Crystal and baring in mind my budget, I'm unlikely to be doing so anytime soon but if I had my pick of luxury operators, it would between Crystal and Seabourn. Crystal seem to be pushing the boat out so to speak of late though. The river cruise ships look very nice, as does the new ocean ship they're building and the announcement of the dreamliner service just seems to be another example of them leaving other luxury operators behind. Regent's new ship does look lovely but I think Crystal still have the edge. That's how I perceive it from the outside anyway, hopefully one day I'll know for sure.

talking about budget, the river cruise prices are in line with viking so not the most expensive, have not looked at comparing ocean cruises though

I do not know if I am reading this wrong but why should this cruise line not be discussed on this forum just because you assume members cannot go on it? I would say we can still talk about it and have a look?

Hi  I  was wondering whether it is worth discussing something, which I assume that 99.9% of forum members will never experience.   

I had a look at the prices on the Crystal Esprit round the Seychelles 7 nights round the Seychelles with a 2 night stay in before from £3800. I know the flights were extra but to say this is inclusive I though this was very good value

I think a perfect example of a cruise line encouraging potential passengers to consider all factors when pricing up their holiday is Regent Seven Seas. They produced the #RegentReceipt not too long ago which I thought was brilliant to show the actual difference between luxury line costs and more mainstream cruise lines.

Why shouldn't Crystal cruises be discussed on this forum I am sure if anyone wanted to book a cruise with Crystal then Bolsover would be delighted to offer assistance and this is a cruise forum. I should imagine you could book a Crystal cruise within the price range of Cunard's Queens Grill or even suites on P&O or many other "mass market" cruise companies.

Hi 

Why shouldn't Crystal cruises be discussed on this forum I am sure if anyone wanted to book a cruise with Crystal then Bolsover would be delighted to offer assistance and this is a cruise forum. I should imagine you could book a Crystal cruise within the price range of Cunard's Queens Grill or even suites on P&O or many other "mass market" cruise companies.

Hi   The initial thread was not about Crystal cruises but an airline to be operated by Crystal.  The aeroplane would only carry 60 passengers whereas the Crystal ships cater for 600+ passengers so the majority who cruise with this company will be transported to the ship on scheduled flights.  I already stated although a few very wealthy people would not worry the about the cost, for most of us it is just not a viable option, so why bother looking at the brochure, I just look at the amount of legroom in economy.

Hi 

Hi   The initial thread was not about Crystal cruises but an airline to be operated by Crystal.  The aeroplane would only carry 60 passengers whereas the Crystal ships cater for 600+ passengers so the majority who cruise with this company will be transported to the ship on scheduled flights.  I already stated although a few very wealthy people would not worry the about the cost, for most of us it is just not a viable option, so why bother looking at the brochure, I just look at the amount of legroom in economy.

But there is no reason whatsoever that it should not be discussed on this forum for those that might be able to afford to cruise and fly with Crystal.

Hi  Having sailed with Crystal I know that the USA account for 80% of the passengers so I am assuming that the airline will be based in the USA and cater for these travellers so I doubt whether UK passengers will be able to book flights on this airline.