Sign in to follow this  
Michael Tuska

Single Occupancy Cabins

As a recently widowed husband and wanting to carry on cruising, is there any indication that P&O for example will roll out more single cabins, and price them sensibly to attract.

Fred Olsen do offer some good deals and I must say my first experience alone although at times difficult they looked after you well; and the quality cleanliness and standard of staff superb; but I do like P&O Arcadia 

P&o do offer single cabins  on arcadia , aurora,azura,oriana and ventura ,but sometime prices are not a lot less so a sole occupancy on a double can give you more space and be similar in price yes fred olsen are a good choice as they have many activities on board to meet new friends too  , but i have noticed that cunard and msc generally offer a reasonable sole occupancy discount at certain times of the year , worth looking around as cruising is the best way to travel alone .

Unless you want to travel to a particular place then I would suggest you just look out for special offers

regarding single occupancy for a bargain. For example ..when I wanted to do the British Isles ,adult

only ship I had to pay double ,which is a bit unfair as you only eat food for one. When I just wanted a

Cruise and not really bothered where the ship sailed to then I found a good bargain on NCL. I had a

Mini Suite and it cost just a little over the price of an inside cabin. Best bargain to date. Iglu does quite

a few bargains for single travellers. Be prepared to book something at the last minute for the best deals.

I agree that the cost of a single cabin compared to paying a single supplement can be such that you pay more per sq.foot for the single cabin. With the closeness of the prices, particularly with P & O paying for a double cabin would be better for the space. The other thing is that the single cabins are not always in the best position on the ships. I think that if two people in an outside cabin are paying i.e.. £1000 each for a cruise then the single person in the single cabin should pay £1000 also. 

Just my view.