nikos

Which would be the best luxury cruise company to go with?

Hi all,

I'm planning a special cruise for a big birthday celebration and was thinking of doing one of the luxury liners for a change. Maybe Regent or Seabourn or any others you can recommend? Our budget is not a concern with it being a one off (possibly) so was wondering which would be the best to go with.

We are in our mid-late 30's so any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome!

I was discussing Seabourn with a friend at the weekend. I've never been with them but if I was booing a luxury cruise they would be at the very top of my list. I seem to love everything about them from their itinerary offerings to the on board atmosphere. The marina's on each ship also look brilliant.

I love the look of the newer Seabourn ships. They seem to look like luxury boutique hotel.  Really classy & sophisticated.  Although I do like the fact that Regent include pretty much everything in their price. 

Have you considered river cruising Nikos?  Viking & APT river cruises look good

Have you considered Regent Explorer? The ship doesn't set sail until later this year, but has already been billed as the most luxurious cruise ship. I've seen quite a few images of the ship and have to say it looks amazing and if I had to choose a luxury liner I would definitely go for this.

If you are considering a river cruise Nikos, I would like to add to Mimosa's suggestions with Crystal River Cruises. Crystal Mozart, the first of the five river vessels from Crystal is set to sail in July this year.

My husband and I have been cruising since 1968 on many different cruise lines but first sailed with Regent in 2008 since when we have never

Strayed from what we feel is the best cruise line afloat today. No ship in their fleet has more than 750 passengers and the service is second to none. Enough said - you must try Regent

Our favourite line is Silversea, we have sail with Regent, but have not tried Seaboune, but we found Silversea to be far superior, in quality, service and attention to detail. check it out.

Some great suggestions here Nikos, it will be a hard choice to narrow it down. You'll have to let us know who you decide to sail with in the end. For me it would be a toss up between the two new ships, Seabourn Encore and Regent Explorer.

Hi   I have sailed with Silversea, Seabourn and Crystal but not with Regent.  All three give a very pleasant elegant cruise experience.  The biggest difference between  Seabourn and the other two is that the both Silversea and Crystal still have formal attire evenings.  The food and serve on all three is very good although I think that the food presented on Crystal is a little superior but I would happily eat on all three lines.  The standard suites on Silversea and Seabourn are both larger than those offered by Crystal.  The entertainment on all three lines is limited but the daytime educational courses offered on Crystal are very good.    I am sure that which ever line you chose that you will have a great cruise!

Thank you for all the feedback and input so far! Its much better when you get first hand experiences and knowledge from others!

I'm terrible at making decisions but swaying towards Seabourn actually. I do like the formal nights but not necessarily all the time? The marina watersports would also be appealing and boutique style cruising.

Need to start having a look at destinations now.....??

I have done a river cruise before with Viking and really enjoyed that - thanks for that suggestion.

I think Seabourn look fantastic and I'd love to give them a try. I love the marinas on the back and the whole ideology behind their cruises is very appealing.

Agreed

Hi Nikos,

All the above are good suggestions based on experience versus expectations. Can I throw one more at you. All the lines/ships mentioned are small to mid size vessels.

Last year we travel with Windstar on the Star Pride. At the time there were 131 passengers with 147 crew. The food, accommadation, personal attention  and general attention to detail were exceptional.

If you think you may enjoy a small informal ship and meet some like minded passengers then don't overlook Windstar.

Geoff 

Hi Nikos,

All the above are good suggestions based on experience versus expectations. Can I throw one more at you. All the lines/ships mentioned are small to mid size vessels.

Last year we travel with Windstar on the Star Pride. At the time there were 131 passengers with 147 crew. The food, accommadation, personal attention  and general attention to detail were exceptional.

If you think you may enjoy a small informal ship and meet some like minded passengers then don't overlook Windstar.

Geoff 

That's an interesting one Geoff. Don't tend to hear much about Windstar but that crew to passenger ratio is impressive and sounds like you had a fantastic time. Did they recently purchase ships from Seabourn?

Hi,

Yes Windstar purchased 3 ships from Seabourn a couple of years ago, ran them through multimillion pound refits and set them to work mostly seasonally in the Med and the Pacific. They each have a nominal 220 passenger capacity.

We have mostly cruised on the small to medium size ships, typically the old R8 ships held by P&O, Princess and Oceania. Of course P&O sent the Adonia to the American market. Princess sold off the Ocean Princess and only has the Pacific Princess aboard which we are doing a large portion of her world cruise next January. For 2018 we are with the Nautica and of on Regents Navigator in August. 

I mention this only so that you have some idea of what we consider to be our type of cruise ship, and more importantly the type of passenger which we would prefer to associate with.!!

Enjoy

Geoff

Hi Nikos,

On my view, I think MED WAVES LTD. is one of the best Luxury cruise company which offering all kinds of Yacht With experienced Charters. I have recently visited Greece with O'mega yacht & it was built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. We are 30 including 5 well-experienced charters. We really enjoyed a lot on this trip.