Sign in to follow this  
cruise chef

Leaving the EU

I really cannot understand why you posted that link.

Of course people are worried, and personally I have been very concerned about the economy for many years with a projected £1.8 trillion debt by 2020 that I do not believe the UK GDP can stabilise, never mind repay.

Leaving national debts for your children and grandchildren is something that I find repulsive, but following the referendum this foolish generation of elderly people has even removed any semblance of credibility for them to even attempt to repay the debt.

It is not surprising that we are already seeing family splits with intelligent young people holding their grandparents to account, and in some cases even despising them.

It is also clear from your previous comments that you are wallowing in the race genie being "out of the bottle", but you should be careful what you wish for.

The country is now suffering from a power vacuum and that will be in no one's interest as businesses move abroad and leave "Little England", to manage it's own demise.

Scaremongering again...and now virtually calling me a racist as well which I find unpleasant even though my side of the discussion has concentrated on the unfactual economic forecasts you have made.

Seems that the race card is the last bastion of a desperate person.

Now would you care to name these businesses who are moving abroad?

And what has peoples intelligence to do with it?

So let's see..only the foolish, elderly, rasict , thick people voted for an exit according to you.

There's a lot of them ...17 million in fact

That's some statement and shows you in a light that I find quite repulsive.

Scaremongering again...and now virtually calling me a racist as well which I find unpleasant even though my side of the discussion has concentrated on the unfactual economic forecasts you have made.

So let's see..only the foolish, elderly, rasict , thick people voted for an exit according to you.

Every statement you make shows you in a light that I find repulsive.

First of all you have not made a single economic argument, because you do not know how to argue.

An opinion should start with a blank canvas, and weigh the arguments for and against, thereby reaching a conclusion.

You have started with a bigoted opinion, and merely searched for information that you feel justifies your position.

In reality you have offered nothing to a discussion that ought to have been interesting, but in reality has simply shown up a "darker side" to the British character.

Businesses moving well Morgan Stanley took 2000 jobs on day one, and Easyjet and Vodafone have announced plans to move abroad.

Of course that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Meanwhile Paris and Frankfurt are desperately competing to win London's financial business, which of course pays for the NHS.

Businesses moving well Morgan Stanley took 2000 jobs on day one, and Easyjet and Vodafone have announced plans to moveabroad.

Of course that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Meanwhile Paris and Frankfurt are desperately competing to win London's financial business, which of course pays for the NHS.

You need to keep up..Morgan Stanley have refuted they are moving...that was part of Project Fear

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/morgan-stanley-brexit-eu-referendum-jobs-dublin-frankfurt-a7100911.html

Also from the Independent

EasyJet said it has "no plans" to move its headquarters from Luton, but it did confirm that it has applied for an air operator's certificate in a European country so it can keep flying as normal.

And as for calling me a racist because I quoted Marine Le Pen that is indefensible because at no point did I agree with her politics or stance on immigration.

In fact I've kept away from it as it's such a dangerous and emotive subject.

I will expect an apology or I'll report it as a personal attack.

I agree with you, T - project fear must end.

What we need now is a Dictator to take the country forward. Someone who tells everyone what to do rather than to listen. Now who coukd that be Gove or Corbyn? Sorry cannot be Corbyn as he was wanting to Remain - or was he?

You need to keep up..Morgan Stanley have refuted they are moving...that was part of Project Fear

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/morgan-stanley-brexit-eu-referendum-jobs-dublin-frankfurt-a7100911.html

Also from the Independent

EasyJet said it has "no plans" to move its headquarters from Luton, but it did confirm that it has applied for an air operator's certificate in a European country so it can keep flying as normal.

And as for calling me a racist because I quoted Marine Le Pen that is indefensible because at no point did I agree with her politics or stance on immigration.

In fact I've kept away from it as it's such a dangerous and emotive subject.

I will expect an apology or I'll report it as a personal attack.

Wallowing in glee at the prospect of Marine Le Pen getting a knock-on election boost. 

Not a hint of regret.

Really quite disgraceful.

I  think you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Whether I agree on her policy towards immigration is not relevant but what is relevant is there's a very real chance that this lady could be the next President of La Belle France and I'd rather we negotiate with someone who is Pro Britain that anti.Britain.

Brexit will happen so we need to give ourselves the best chance of getting the best deal for the country.

If that's being racist then I'm a racist.

P.S.

If I'd mentioned Tony Blair would you have called me a war monger?

All I do know that the Leave group have incited a hate campaign against immigrants, especially Nigel Farage, and people who believe on remaining in the EU with the awful and very sad murder of Jo Cox and now the threat to Yvette Cooper and her kids and grandchildren if that is what they want as a Britain for the future then I am sorry but I don't want to be a part of a country that acts like that we are supposed to live in a democracy

Yes we do live in a democracy, pity people do not remember that, now the brexiteers have won maybe the remainers will all stop moaning  , all that marching in London  , there were 2 men interviewed one voted out and the other in, they remarked that you wouldn't see this kind of behaviour  around the  rest  of the country,  only in London where they think they are entitled . 

Please don't  blame Jo Cox's death on it  the man was obviously deranged, as for Yvette Cooper would that be the minister who was going to take  a refugee into one of her two homes? her children will have good schooling  you can bet your life on that, it's the rest of the children  in other parts of the country who are struggling to get a good education.

People have a right  to be worried .they voted according to their consciences  and circumstances .  the voters badly let down their parties and MP's , Tory  and Labour  alike  didn't listen  and they got a bloody nose because people exercised their democratic right . now that really is democracy not racism.!!! CG

Dear ALL forum members, please may we remind you of the rules and regulations for posting on this forum. Some of the posts on this thread have disregarded those rules and we now politely ask that this topic return to a respectful and gracious discussion subject. Personal insults will not be tolerated.

Regards,

Cruise Club Forum Admin Team

What is abundantly clear is that well have differing opinions, concerns, beliefs and suggestions of what should have happened and what should now happen in the future. Nevertheless, the referendum was held, people voted and the majority fell on the side of leave. That is the end of the referendum chapter. The next chapter now focuses on Britain remaining calm and working together to achieve a positive outcome. 

I haven't hid my concerns over the current state of the economy, nor it's future state but I do believe that bickering will get us nowhere. It appears that the same sort of heated discussions taking place on this forum are reminiscent of those taking place in parliament, which is the scariest thing of all. 

The fact remains that the majority was for leave and we now need to focus on moving forward. It cannot be taken back, this is a democracy and we wouldn't have it any other way so let's just focus on moving forward and hopefully our political leaders will soon do the same.

Well said Sammy, lets leave the bickering and squabbles to the politicians as they seem to enjoy being at each others throats, me I am looking forward to a few day sunshine whenever it appears and the chance to go and pick some strawberries if they have survived.

Off air conversation accidentally recorded by Sky News between Sir Malcolm Rifkind and former Chancellor Ken Clarke.

Mr Clarke "I don't think either Andrea Leadsom or Boris Johnson actually are in favour of leaving the European Union. 

Sir Malcolm: "Well I don't think they even cared very much either way". 

Mr Clarke: "She is not one of the tiny band of lunatics who think we can have a sort of glorious economic future outside the single market. 

So long as she understands that she's not to deliver on some of the extremely stupid things she's been saying." 

Can't afford a new car so not too worried about the exchange rate at present.

However one thing that did surprise me on my recent 8 days in Germany, various German people from different walks of life passed  comment on Brexit. Most were surprised that we had voted to leave in that they could not believe that we didn't want to be part of a huge 'super state'. Others however wish they could be given the same opportunity to leave. Many were worried about their exports to the UK as we are a large part of their export market. No where did I observe any animosity or distaste towards my fellow travellers, indeed many held us in admiration.

I have met a lot of German people over the years through business, and initially I was surprised how well they were generally informed about current affairs, particularly on unification when a German taxi driver was telling me how much the rate for incorporating the ostmark into the deutschmark should be. 

However, it is not hard to see why as the fear from currency devaluation has been passed through the generations, following the collapse in 1921-3 when a barrow load of notes would not buy a loaf of bread.

The latest news is that Angela Merkel has called the "negotiating bluff", by ruling out pre article 50 negotiations.

When we eventually do get a new Prime Minister no one will be prepared to commit "political hara-kiri" and press the trigger, so Parliament will eventually be forced to cancel the referendum and it will all be for nothing.

Meanwhile our economy is in ruins.

Do not try to exchange currency tomorrow if you are not up to taking big shocks, because it will be less than today.

It must be awful to live in the doom and gloom world Wheels, Parliament will not be forced to cancel a democratic vote because you and  the remainer's  don't like the idea that   democracy won ,[ thats mob rule]    the economy is not in ruins the fact is most businesses are looking forward not back and Theresa May will not give in  to such undemocratic measures  as you suggest so why not talk your country up instead of down? CG