Sign in to follow this  
charlielou

Cunard Relaxing Dress Codes?

no i have not heard anything however i think this would be a shame as Cunard is very grand and its so lovely to dress up. these days everyone is so much more casual and it it nice to get an opportunity to dress up. however i can understand on embarkation days.

I can understand this for embarkation days. If luggage is late arriving to your stateroom then it can be a real pain when you're wishing to get changed for dinner. I'm sure Cunard will retain a certain dress code still and there certainly won't be shorts etc but a slight change just for embarkation day might be well received.

I also think it makes logical and perfect sense to have smart casual in the evenings on both embarkation day and on the last evening too.

That all said, I always carry a light linen jacket inside my airline cabin size trolley-case, along with a few basic essentials to see me through the first few days regardless, when  set against that always slightly worrying or underlying fear (heaven forbid!) of any baggage getting lost en-route.

On that score, anything over 7 nights, and we always case share 50/50 in each case.

We've never lost anything yet, when going on a cruise, but temporarily lost two cases during a Dubai transit, (Emirates) when returning from one. Thankfully, both cases turned-up on the following day, after an already planned 'overnight' layover in BKK!

It's not a nice feeling!

Peter.