Sign in to follow this  
Applejack

Heard good reviews about Adonia

We have tried Ventura and Azura recently and it seems these ships are possibly not amongst our favourites. We have decide to cruise on Adonia next and have heard mainly good reviews. Has anyone any concerns or reservations about the ship generally. We have heard none so far.

We have just returned from a cruise on Adonia to the Baltic. It was our first time aboard Adonia. Having cruised on Azura the last two years, we would recommend Adonia without reservation. With only 710 passengers the ship is very 'homely'. I don't know if it was the atmosphere amongst the passengers and crew, but the ship raised over £5000.00 towards the McMillan Cancer Support charity. I believe this was the largest amount from the P & O fleet, from the smallest ship in the fleet

Although she is the smallest we think she has the biggest heart and believe you will have no regrets in choosing her for your next cruise.

We sailed on Adonia recently for the first time as we had been put off by comments on other cruise reviews .

We loved the ship and agree about the 'homely' feel. I would say she would not suit everyone if you want all the facilities of the larger ships like Azura and Ventura, that said she offers a wonderful cruise experience , one of our best ever and we would not hesitate to sail on her again.

We've sailed on Adonia twice (Mediterranean and South America) and love it. As previous posters have mentioned there is a very homely and restful feel to the whole ship and it makes you feel you are part of a family.

There is also the added benefit of being able to visit ports which larger ships cannot reach.

We have cruised on all the ships in the P & O fleet but have yet to try the Adonia but have booked her for 2015 (yes 2015). I have been reading your comments with interest and I think we will enjoy the ship. We always go with an open mind, not looking to find fault and having a good time with like minded people.

Irene

I did a 7 day trip to Norway on this friendly little ship, and thought it 'comfortable'!

Glad not to be doing any parts of a world cruise on her though, as I missed the theatre, and cinema. The venue for both was not the best.

A short cruise would be fine, and some disabled cruisers found the ship very easy to get around on.

We completed our first cruise Dec 2013 28 day return cruise to the caribbean, I think we were very fortunate to have chosen the Adonia, any future cruises will have a lot to live up to.

Hello Irene,

We have also bookked Adonia for January 2015. It will be our first time on this ship having previously sailed on Oceana, Ventura and Azura (2).

I am looking forward to this trip as I think it will probably be more relaxing than the larger ships, although we have enjoyed all of our cruises.

Molly