Sign in to follow this  
Holidayplane

NCL Gratuities

Just returned from a trip aboard NCLBreakaway. Gratuities for all passengers 3years or above were 13.95 dollars this worked out at £10.98 per passenger per day and if you were in the Haven class it was 15.50 dollars and this worked out to £12.24 a day. The ship has approx 4000 passengers and £10.98 works out at over £307,000 per week. This divided between the 1500 crew members works out at over £200 each for a 7 day trip. What my point is I thought Gratuities were tips. £30 a day tip is not bad. This was my 15th cruise and have always paid may Gratuities but I think this cruise line is asking the passengers to pay half the crews wages.

There is a similar thread also running on this subject with another operator and the big question we are all asking is' DO THE STAFF RECEIVE ALL OF THESE FUNDS??'

TBH I do not think they do thats why I begrudge paying them.

Hi  I have booked a cruise for early next year on NCL Epic to the Caribbean with a pre-stay in Orlando. I accept that the recommended tips are more expensive than most cruise lines but I knew that and took this into account before booking.  Yes I will pay the full amount, if I was unwilling to do so I would have chosen a different cruise line to sail with.