Chubbs

Is it worth pre booking flights seats with P&O to the Caribbean?

It depends how desperate you are to sit together. Just remember that they can change planes at a very late date. We boarded one once, having pre-booked seats, to find that our row did not exist!

1 hour ago, Mcc said:

It depends how desperate you are to sit together. Just remember that they can change planes at a very late date. We boarded one once, having pre-booked seats, to find that our row did not exist!

That happened to us on a BA flight but it turned out to be fantastic as they upgrading us to First Class !!! its another world and the way we would certainly travel if money were no object...

We have never pre booked seats and usually sit together. However one of the best long haul flights we had was when we were split up. I was seated next to an airline pilot and his wife and had the best service ever on a plane. My husband was seated next to two teenage girls who chatted to him throughout and shared their DVD player with him giving him the choice of films. He loved it!!

Definitely a balcony is essential. Our first cruise ever which was to the Caribbean back in 1999 involved an inside cabin. For our second cruse in 2001 we opted for a balcony state room and we have never looked back since. That is why I recommend a balcony. There is nothing better than enjoying a nice cuppa and admiring the beautiful scenery especially first thing in the morning.

We always upgrade to premium economy on long haul. Thomas Cook from St Lucia to Gatwick was fine plenty of room, excellent crew and overall better thanBA. But you need to book early as space is very limited.

We have already booked for October 2018

To me, charging you to pre book seats is a rip off. Why can't holiday charter airlines enter the real world and be like Virgin, BA, Emirates, Qantas and others where, when you book, you choose your seats as part of the service. After all, they charge as much and sometimes more. Most travellers travel in parties of 2. Seat configuration on small aircraft is usually 3 -3 and large aircraft 3-4-3 so how hard is it to seat couples together even if both have outer aisle seats.  Rant over :)

Edited by Oldworldtraveller

23 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

To me, charging you to pre book seats is a rip off. Why can't holiday charter airlines enter the real world and be like Virgin, BA, Emirates, Qantas and others where, when you book, you choose your seats as part of the service. After all, they charge as much and sometimes more. Most travellers travel in parties of 2. Seat configuration on small aircraft is usually 3 -3 and large aircraft 3-4-3 so how hard is it to seat couples together even if both have outer aisle seats.  Rant over :)

It is a while ago since we did a fly cruise ,but we did book our seats and got what we paid for.

But did notice that at the airport the people who booked with a certain agent got seats together we got Centre seats and people behind us in the queue  got the window seats in pairs...Davybe

Yes it is definitely worth it as my recent trip I was sat on one side of the plane and my partner on the other, even though we had requested seats together the airline/cruise operator still managed to mess it up, so if you can pre pay and have definite seats then do it