Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

Is Strictly Fixed.

Each year we see a no hoper ,Ed Balls this year get to stay in for much longer then they should be .

Same thing happens each year is it scripted to get publicity??

Or are the public really voting for him to face humiliation.....Davybe  

all of these types of programs are fixed, strictly, xfactor, britains got talent, im a celeb, anything the public votes for, they first and foremost want viewings so they are not going to get rid of someone that gets views are they! look at lady c last year on im a celeb, i would imagine she was voted out quite a few times. dont watch anything like this, waste of time. i had a friend go quite far on xfactor and they said that before they get to the celebrity judges they go through a stage first, so all those horrendous acts that the judges see have been put in, to get the viewings!

rant over haha

all of these types of programs are fixed, strictly, xfactor, britains got talent, im a celeb, anything the public votes for, they first and foremost want viewings so they are not going to get rid of someone that gets views are they! look at lady c last year on im a celeb, i would imagine she was voted out quite a few times. dont watch anything like this, waste of time. i had a friend go quite far on xfactor and they said that before they get to the celebrity judges they go through a stage first, so all those horrendous acts that the judges see have been put in, to get the viewings!

rant over haha

It does look like a sticth up to me, anything Simon Cowell does is for his benefit, as in which act while fill his wallet?

The only two we watch are Strictly and Britain's got Talent  ,and with the later I wonder if they put bad acts through just to make the others look good...Davybe

X Factor is Simon Cowell's show and that of his company Syco. The company operates a record label, talent agency, film, music, and television production company, as well as a music publishing house. It also operates world wide jointly with Sony Music. Simon picks the judges, the compare, locations and offers the recording contract with his record company. Quite often there seems to be an act that causes controversy, this year it is Honey G. Whilst she maybe can't sing the one thing she can do is cause the show to remain a talking point and as we all know there is no such thing as bad publicity. It is just a great pity that decent acts fall by the wayside because of this. Last week was for me the final viewing of it for me. It seemed so blatant that the judges put Honey G through and voted off someone they had been praising earlier. Honey G is also the only act I have ever heard booed by the audience. 

Ive heard on the radio they are doing 2 dances this weekend and making Ed Balls do a dance that he can't do because they want him to leave!

The show has been running for a fair few weeks now and, I'm sorry to say, they have not yet given him a dance that he CAN do.  Some of his more recent efforts have had an element of entertainment value but, dancing???  Makes me cringe!!

Great for ratings, though.

David H

Well you should temember that these programmes are produced for entertainment value. Ed is cringingly entertaining and at least he obviously has not had dance or performance experience in the past which is what many of the contestants have had! There are some who have obviously had prior training and so become favourites to win when goid old Ed has travelled so much further with his learning experience.

The only one to watch is Im a Celeb! To be fair Ant & Dec make the programme but I think some of this years camp mates are hilarious! Apart from Danny & Martin! Get them two voted out!

Ive heard on the radio they are doing 2 dances this weekend and making Ed Balls do a dance that he can't do because they want him to leave!

They always have a week where they perform 2 dances one of which they do at the same time & which sees the judges send them off the floor in the order which they judge do be the worst until a winner remains. It doesn't matter which dance they chose for them to do Ed would struggle to do it properly but he is entertaining.

Well the judges always have their favourites but the public prefer a bit of entertainment I dont think Ed is long for the competition now though as the novelty value is wearing off now. Fixed probably as is the other sides reality show!!

I did see a social media campaign the other day trying to make sure X Factor doesnt have the Christmas single(that would make a refreshing change)

Well the judges always have their favourites but the public prefer a bit of entertainment I dont think Ed is long for the competition now though as the novelty value is wearing off now. Fixed probably as is the other sides reality show!!

I did see a social media campaign the other day trying to make sure X Factor doesnt have the Christmas single(that would make a refreshing change)

I hope right and he is in the Dance off tonight...Davybe

It just goes to show that the great unwashed should never be entrusted to vote on anything..Brexit, Trump and now this Balls up..biggrin.png biggrin.png

Looks like the Voters had a wash  on Saturday??

Not sad to see him go but he did improve over the weeks, but did some cringe worthy dad dancing  in the beginning....Davybe

Hope you all watched and enjoyed the finals last night .

Must say I thought  Ore Oduba Danced his socks off and deserved the win .

Wonder who will replace Len Goodman ,He will be missed by me a good bit more than I missed Brucie...Davybe 

Edited by Davybe

4 hours ago, Davybe said:

Hope you all watched and enjoyed the finals last night .

Must say I thought  Ore Oduba Danced his socks off and deserved the win .

Wonder who will replace Len Goodman ,He will be missed by me a good bit more than I missed Brucie...Davybe 

Hi Davybe,

It made for a great show, including the tribute to Len.  Danny was clearly the best dancer of the series but, as you say, based on all 3 performances on the night, Ore was a worthy winner.

Standard of choreography this year, both celebrity and professional dances, absolutely outstanding and has taken the show to another level of entertainment, in my view.

DavidH