Jump to content
Forum Admin

Recent Changes

Recommended Posts

Admin,

The new look forum has been up and running for a week now yet we still have problems that were reported early on. My main annoyance and one that will stop me using the forum is the logging in problem. 

As I mentioned before, and I am not being negative, I do question why these problems are taking so long to resolve. Is it as I asked before and did not get a reply to, that every time a change is required the designers charge. Surely experienced designers will have encountered this problem before and would have stopped it happening in the first place.

It should be remembered that this forum is just a small part of a successful commercial concern  therefore any new comer to the forum might well judge the efficiency of the commercial concern by the performance of this forum. Food for thought.

OWT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Admin,

The new look forum has been up and running for a week now yet we still have problems that were reported early on. My main annoyance and one that will stop me using the forum is the logging in problem. 

As I mentioned before, and I am not being negative, I do question why these problems are taking so long to resolve. Is it as I asked before and did not get a reply to, that every time a change is required the designers charge. Surely experienced designers will have encountered this problem before and would have stopped it happening in the first place.

It should be remembered that this forum is just a small part of a successful commercial concern  therefore any new comer to the forum might well judge the efficiency of the commercial concern by the performance of this forum. Food for thought.

OWT

Hi OWT

We are working through these issues. Further details with regards to the recent changes will be published later today.

Regards

Bolsover Cruise Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, doca said:

Posting this from a mobile. Since the changes it's been impossible to access the forum from my PC regardless of the browser used. 

Hi doca

What issues are you finding when using the forum on your desktop?

Regards

Bolsover Cruise Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Forum Admin said:

Hi OWT

We are working through these issues. Further details with regards to the recent changes will be published later today.

Regards

Bolsover Cruise Club

Thank you for your post which actually tells me nothing. How about actually answering the points made in the post.  

I'm sure you are working through them but it seems to be taking an extraordinarily long time. How many issues are there????

As per your post of above can you tell me where you have published the changes as I can't seem to find them.

OWT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having read the readon for changing the forum, and website, I must say the new web developers have managed it do an excellent job and we should be patient about them getting things perfect. Rather than always conplaining lets us, the members, help by expressing issues and then give the poor software developers time to correct any issues. These things do not happen overnight or even over a week. There are some of us who live close to the Bolsover Head Office and who woukd be pleased to give support is required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You make a valid point Captain Kidd ll but in fairness experienced web designers should know what is required and any 'teething problems' should be few and far between. From their experience they should have encountered most problems before and therefore be able to build a platform that is virtually problem free. Web technology has been around now for many years so nothing is new. Yes it is constantly being updated but also improved at the same time so why the 'teething problems'. If amateurs can build forums then I suggest that professionals should be able to do the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a thought... constructive criticisim. The admin team have been very quick to try and answer any questions we the members have had. I havent been on the forum for a while and cannot see that much has changed i can still navigate my way around easily, but if i do encounter any bugs I will be prompt to make admin aware of it. I will not, however label this forum as a disaster, failure or terrible for a glitch.

The forum has been fun and enlightening for us all and given the chance, it will continue to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand what the issues are? I'm having no problems at all with the forum, yes fair enough the new design takes a bit of getting used to but doesn't anything new? In no time everyone will be using it as easily as they did before, not all problems can be sorted at the click of a finger and i'm sure if they could be then Bolsover would of done it! Give them a chance it's only been a week and i'm sure they have a lot of other things to do as well as sorting out some problems with the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AFC04/03 said:

Here's a thought... constructive criticisim. The admin team have been very quick to try and answer any questions we the members have had. I havent been on the forum for a while and cannot see that much has changed i can still navigate my way around easily, but if i do encounter any bugs I will be prompt to make admin aware of it. I will not, however label this forum as a disaster, failure or terrible for a glitch.

The forum has been fun and enlightening for us all and given the chance, it will continue to be.

I must admit in the first instance I really disliked the new layout, however it has grown on me since then, and although I initially said I'd not post so often, I've found myself posting more:lol:

Humble pie eaten.

 HLM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×