samfox01

Adonia i see is making an appearance back to Southampton!!

I seem to be seeing everywhere that P&O Cruises have announced Adonia will be launching a new cruise programme for 2017 into 2018, my parents loved this ship, good to see a smaller ship back into the cruise market! What are people's thoughts on Adonia?

Hi samfox01,

It's a super little ship.  We did the Baltic Cruise on her shortly after she joined the P&O fleet, deliberately chosen as we were able to transit the Kiel Canal (both ways) and get right into the heart of St Petersburg, which the behemoth's can't manage.  We also took the shortcut to Copenhagen on the way back.  One of the Queens went past us at breakneck speed en route, at which the Captain announced "Don't worry, we'll still beat her into the best berths in Copenhagen", which we duly did!!

DavidH

I have never travelled on the Adonia but I have heard wonderful things, Ive been told shes had a little touch up as well. Although I hvae no comparison to her previously I am sure she will look amazing.

Will certainly look at her itineraries.

Adonia is adults only isnt she?

8 minutes ago, dancefloordemon said:

I have never travelled on the Adonia but I have heard wonderful things, Ive been told shes had a little touch up as well. Although I hvae no comparison to her previously I am sure she will look amazing.

Will certainly look at her itineraries.

Adonia is adults only isnt she?

yes she is adults only so will be nice to have another option over the arcadia and oriana

Well, that venture didn't last long . I wonder what condition the ship is in. It will need at least a paint job to cover the Fathom livery. P&O must be having nightmares wondering how they are going sell all these extra cabins that the ship on order and the unexpected return of Adonia have created. More cheap deals!!!

Very pleased to hear adonia is coming back. We like the 7 night cruises and the ports that Adonia can get into. Noticed the only ship that was doing this for 2018 was the Britannia, so we started to look for smaller ships with another company which was a shame as we have only sailed with P&O since 1978. Really glad about the return of Adonia

We liked the Adonia, but not as much as the Artemis. Now there was a lovely ship. Small friendly, adults only, we were sorry when she was sold.  But the Adonia hopefully will return. It is to be hoped that the food improves when it does.

Just looked on the P & O website & the cruise that we have booked is now sold out in all cabin grades. As it only went on sale yesterday that must be some kind of record! Just shows that we all love a bargain.

Not very impressed Bolsover! I phoned yesterday to book one of the special offer cruises on Adonia and was told It was not included in the offer. Just spoke to another passenger on the same Oriana cruise as us in July and she has booked the cruise we wanted( and Bolsover said was not available) at half price. Now if I can get it booked all the best cabins will be gone!