Sign in to follow this  
cruise addict

St. Petersburg tours for the less moblie

WE will be visiting St. Petersburg for 2 days in May and I am looking for advice on tours that are suitable for the less mobile. I have looked at Alla tours and SPB but find it difficult to judge how much walking is involved. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done excursions in St.  Petersburg with someone who is less mobile. P & O have yet to advise us of their trips. My husband can walk but slowly and not too far.

Any advice would be helpful.

Try a company called Red October?

We did the ships tours with Celebrity but they did involve quite a bit of walking ,those who could not walk well or far opted out and were told how to get back to the coaches.

I did not see anyone in a wheelchair,but it may be worth looking if anyone does a wheelchair tour?  ....Davybe

I would email the companies mentioned and ask what options they have.  We found all three of those companies very responsive to our questions when we were trying to find a tour to suit a three generation family group.  We ended up booking with SPB and were very happy with both days of our tour.  Our guide was an English teacher who was very experienced with keeping children interested as well as suiting the pace to the seniors in the group.

When we first did Russia we did the Canals tour which has little walking  ,but is an interesting tour which took in the "Church on the Blood?

This year we did a panoramic coach tour of the City which does short stops at various places again very little walking .Unfortunately was a Holiday in St Petes which meant everything was busy (In May) the second tour was to the Peterhof Palace.You can as the rest of us did shuffle through the Palace ,then watch the fountains start up at 11 , then opt out of walking the gardens ,they now have Golf Buggy's and a Noddy train that you can use ,Worth the effort IMO...Davybe 

We did the Baltic on Celebrity in 2013 and did 2 excellent half day ships tours in a Mercedes Sprinter wheelchair accessible van, one doing the highlights of 2 Pete including the Peter and Paul fortress, the other doing Peterhof gardens and fountains. Both were very well organised and for small 4 or 6 person groups exceptionally reasonably priced, about £70 or £80 pp, we did the same cruise this year and were amazed that the same tours were now over £200 pp.  I looked on line for anything different but despite trying all the main tour companies I could not find anything totally different that was not exorbitant, and those tours similar to the ones we had already done were similar prices to Celebrity's.

The price of tours in St Petersberg have increased as the cost of Visas which have to be included have gone up dramatically over the past few years. I have just arranged one with Alla tours covering 2 days in June. It is advertised at 285$, there is a considerable amount of walking involved which they do warn you about.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:06 PM, terrierian said:

We are doing the Baltic cruise with Cunard in June 2017. when we get to St Petes can anyone give me some ideas of the best tours to do as we have not been up there before.

The Best Value Tours are those you book via a private company such as Alla ,Denrus  .

The ships tours are very good I have done the Canals and russian Museum ,Scenic coach tour  ,Church on the Blood , Petroff Palace and fountains Spectacular. See Pictures

P1010672_zpsshps7ssy.jpgP1010679_zpsj45ojoq9.jpg

P1010672_zpsshps7ssy.jpg

outside the Church on the the blood

P1010650_zpss02cj8kc.jpg

Davybe