Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Moswinner

Another kick in the teeth from P&O.

19 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, Adonia is coming back to the UK, and being past P&O passengers we had a flyer with an offer of 20% off an Adonia cruise, sounded good, then our friends, who are on the same loyalty grade as us, said their flyer offered them 50% off. Upon investigation it transpired that if you had ALREADY booked a 7 night or more cruise on Arcadia, Oriana or Aurora you got the 50% off. We had already booked a 17 night cruise on Ventura but only qualify for 20%. So just to make it clear, if you had just by chance booked Arcadia, Oriana or Aurora before this "Offer" came out you get 50% off an Adonia sailing, So if we had  booked a 7 night cruise on one of the three ships mentioned we would have got 50%, but as we booked 17 nights on another ship we don't. Thanks P&O, great marketing!!

I am not sure where your information came from as I have 2 cruises booked on Aurora and 1 on Orinana and have been offered ..... Nothing! If Ihad been offed 50% off I msy well have considered yet another cruise. Perhaps I am not in the right loyalty grade as I have not been able to afford super long trips but have done 8 in 6 years, all longer than 10 days, which shoukd stand for something. I feel there may be another thread starting about loyalty tiers etc.

9 minutes ago, Captain Kidd II said:

I am not sure where your information came from as I have 2 cruises booked on Aurora and 1 on Orinana and have been offered ..... Nothing! If Ihad been offed 50% off I msy well have considered yet another cruise. Perhaps I am not in the right loyalty grade as I have not been able to afford super long trips but have done 8 in 6 years, all longer than 10 days, which shoukd stand for something. I feel there may be another thread starting about loyalty tiers etc.

As Stated, My Information re the 20% came from our Flyer in the post, Our friends 50% was on their flyer. And the booking of the other three ships to qualify for the 50% came direct from P&O when we phoned them to query it. If you are booked on a future cruise on one of the three qualifying ships I suggest you ring P&O. We are on Mediterranean loyalty tier as are our friends.

Whoever came up with this 20% and 50% needs sacking! Apparently it is just for 'selected passengers' and randomly picking 3 ships to get an extra 30% is absolutely ridiculous! My parents are booked on the 35 nights on Oceana, they are Caribbean tier and don't receive anything! P&O say they have only sent out the flyers to passengers 'they expect will travel on Adonia'.

WAVES likes this

I think they should have included Oceana.  Its a smaller ship like the other 'qualifying' ships.  I can understand not including the bigger ones as they are different to Adonia.

Not sure what criteria was for the 20% offer, my sister got the e-mail for 20% we had no offer e-mail despite having an 18 night cruise booked on Oriana. Tried travel agent who said we needed to have a qualifying cruise booked, when I pointed out we had I was then told the cruise I wanted to book was not included. Friends sent me their copy of the offer. I Phoned Thomas Cook who phoned P&O who activated the offer of 50%off.  So pleased with our bargain, if you have a cruise booked for over 7 nights on Oriana, Arcadia or Aurora you qualify for the 50% off offer you just need to find a travel agent willing to take the time and get the offer activated for you.

Moswinner likes this

The annoying thing for us is, When we Emailed the CEO about not being offered the 50% we were told it was only offered to passengers who had shown an interest in the smaller ships in the past. We then pointed out that of our 11 P&O cruises 6 of them (over 50%) had been on their 3 qualifying smaller ships. They then changed it and said it was only offered to those who had booked a  2017 cruise on one of the three. So at the end of the day it is just a potluck thing for those who had already booked.

what rubbish, Moswinner. We only go on the mid size ships and did not get the offer even though we have 3 cruises already booked. When I talked to my TA they said I had the 50% discount flag which was useless if you did not know there was an offer. Problem I had was the cruise we ended up booking was outside the 2017 time frame 😡

2 hours ago, Captain Kidd II said:

what rubbish, Moswinner. We only go on the mid size ships and did not get the offer even though we have 3 cruises already booked. When I talked to my TA they said I had the 50% discount flag which was useless if you did not know there was an offer. Problem I had was the cruise we ended up booking was outside the 2017 time frame 😡

Not sure what you mean by "what rubbish" Captain Kidd. All I am doing is telling exactly what happened and exactly what we were told via three Email conversations with P&O. I can only imagine that having three cruises booked on these smaller ships you are not happy either.

I was referring to what rubbish you were told by P&O. It seems they do not know who received the offer and who did not. I was only disappointed they could notvextend an offer into 2018 even if it was 10% as a benefit to loyal members who have bookings.

Moswinner likes this

We did not receive any "flyer" or discount offer for an Adonia booking , even though we have cruised on Adonia twice before, including a 4 week cruise. We generally cruise with P&O 2 or 3 times per year. We have booked for Adonia in September this year on the day the cruises went on sale. While we were on Azura over Christmas we did hear (second hand) of a couple who had received a 50% discount for an Adonia cruise and at the time dismissed this as the sort of Chinese whispers that always circulate on a ship. Seems we were wrong and now quite upset that we will probably have paid twice as much for our cruise as the person sitting next to us at dinner......

If it was a qualifying cruise that you booked then I would go back to where you booked it and ask them about it. Only certain cruises qualified and, from memory which isnt so good, I think the offer ran out September. Perhaps your cruise, like mine, was outside the scope of the offer.

I am not passing judgement on their marketing practices, but the offer was taken up in spades, and did not last very long. We had an email on 7 December (went into "junk" btw) as well as by post. The original marketing said you had up February 28 to book and applied to cruises up to 2 October 2017. But the offer was actually withdrawn around Christmas I believe, such was the demand.

With the P&O company no longer British owned all the Carnival Group, who now own the company, are interested in is profit !

You only have to look at how they started with three second hand passengers ships and now look at the number of cruise companies they control !

Far better to cruise with a small company line Fred Olsen who have been around nearly as long as P & O and is still  owned and operated by the Olsen family or the new company Cruise & Maritime Voyages which is offering a British style of cruising on their three star classic cruise ships which belong to a Greek company who still drydock and carry out maintenance on their ships every year unlike P & O who now go from between three and five years between drydocks as shown on their website !

Your other advantage of cruising with these smaller companies is that at most of their ports of call they berth alongside and you do not queue for a long time, with nearly 4,000 other passengers,  to try and get some time ashore by tender weather permitting !

CMV's  next new mainly adult only cruise ship, ' Columbus ', ( picture attached ), which joins their fleet in June  2017,  is the ex P & O Cruises 1,400 passenger 63,786 grt ' Arcadia ' which then went to ' Ocean Village '  and  ' P & O Australia ' before being aquired by her new owners  where she will have 150 single cabins available at only a 25% supplement !

Columbus 22.jpg