Sign in to follow this  
The Seven Seas

Would This Be Your Dream Job?

Royal Caribbean seeks Instagram candidate to promote cruising, after a recently commissioned poll showed that nearly 48% of holidaymakers rely on the likes of Instagram for inspiration when it comes to holidays.  34% claimed that they wouldn’t consider visiting a destination first without looking on social media, with the other 37% sayaying that seeing friends post about their holiday has encouraged them to plan their own holiday. As part of the role with Royal Caribbean, the candidate will travel three oceans on three ships, for three weeks with food, drink, accommodation, flights and expenses covered by Royal Caribbean. I don’t know about you, but it sounds like the dream to me!

All this aside, does social media and seeing what others are posting about play a role in helping you book/ get inspiration for your holiday?

I don't use social media at all unless this forum comes under that heading so no it doesn't help at all. I prefer to look at brochures & the Internet for research purposes & then make my decision. Even looking at sites such as tripadvisor shows that what one person likes another person hates.

Good Question.

Never used Instagram so it would not influence me, I do use FB ,You Tube and read cruise reviews these have in the past persuaded me to book a cruise  ,usually because we like the look of the ship,(Just Booked Britannia) Viewing a video or cruise blog with pictures...

I did fancy a job as a consumer rep for a well known travel company ,You were required to be like a Michelin  inspector but book into 3 hotels trying all the meals ect for a week ,the man who gave up the job on medical advice....Davybe    

It's very hard at times to not be influenced by all things social media and I would say it certainly has helped play a role in helping me decide where I should consider going next. Sometimes it's great it opening your mind up to visiting places you may have previously dimissed/ not thought about visiting before.

We have an underlying bucket list but will pick up information and opinion from many sources, including the limited bit of social media I follow.  Much internet based research tends to be undertaken whilst formulating holiday plans.  Planning a holiday is at least half of the enjoyment for me.

DavidH