Cast ashore

The Cruise Returns!

Will you be watching The Cruise?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be wathing The Cruise?

• Yes
    • No

Will you be tuning into series 2 of ‘ The Cruise’ which returns to our screens from 12th January at 8.30pm? The first season of The Cruise featured the lines Regal Princess, but this season will star Royal Princess and few familiar faces including Timothy Gallant who worked in guest services. If you can't remember who Timothy is, he's the guy below.

Though the programme may be cheesy for some, it proved to be popular with a few forum members on here. It will be great to see how well it compares to the first series.  

CzuiIlCWIAEcEP8.jpg large.jpg

Edited by Cast ashore

Nothing like a real Princess cruise think it was made like that by the production company to entertain tv viewers. We prefer Princess than Cunard and P&O and just booked 14nts in June Land of Midnight Sun for £1000pp for inside cabin and obc of $60 fantastic value as we have picked our dining sitting and our cabin not like the stupid system adopted by Cunard and P&O.

9 hours ago, sinbad10 said:

Nothing like a real Princess cruise think it was made like that by the production company to entertain tv viewers. We prefer Princess than Cunard and P&O and just booked 14nts in June Land of Midnight Sun for £1000pp for inside cabin and obc of $60 fantastic value as we have picked our dining sitting and our cabin not like the stupid system adopted by Cunard and P&O.

Nice to see Princess Value there customers....Davybe

On 1/4/2017 at 10:49 PM, sinbad10 said:

Will definitely watch the new series as I watch anything ship related on TV e.g. the recent and excellent (in my opinion) documentary on the history of the original Queen Mary.

I have only been on one Princess cruise on the Grand Princess (in 2011) but more with Cunard and P&O. I don't remember the dining arrangements being radically different so not sure what the remark about "stupid system adopted by Cunard and P&O" actually refers to?

The programme was not a good advertisement for Princess Cruises and did not reflect my experiences onboard various Princess Ships.  I do not think  it would encourage viewers contemplating a cruise to book with Princess.  I will probably watch the new series of  "The Cruise" just to see if it reflects a better cruise experience which people could enjoy.

We watched some of the first episodes but that dipstick put us off. We will have a look at the new shows as we want to look inside the Royal Princess because when she was just 3 weeks old she pulled in at the side of us in Barcelona. As we were on the Queen Victoria she over shadowed us. I don't think we will get to the end  of the first episode if that fool is on. 

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, Grill Britannia said:

Will definitely watch the new series as I watch anything ship related on TV e.g. the recent and excellent (in my opinion) documentary on the history of the original Queen Mary.

I have only been on one Princess cruise on the Grand Princess (in 2011) but more with Cunard and P&O. I don't remember the dining arrangements being radically different so not sure what the remark about "stupid system adopted by Cunard and P&O" actually refers to?

The stupid system adopted by Cunard and P&O that if you book a late Saver deal you cannot pick your stateroom or dining time which you can do on Princess.

1 hour ago, sinbad10 said:

The stupid system adopted by Cunard and P&O that if you book a late Saver deal you cannot pick your stateroom or dining time which you can do on Princess.

Are Princess the only cruise line that do that?

everyone I booked a Guaranteed or saver fare on gave me no cabin choice  ....Davybe

54 minutes ago, The Seven Seas said:

Did anyone manage to watch The Cruise last night? What did you think? I forgot all about it last night, but will try and give it watch on catch up.

I did give it a look, much better than the last series, Timothy was much more reserved, but there's alway another to take his place, can't remember his name but wants to move from the galley to reception:unsure:

Worth another look next week though.

HLM.

I thought Timothy moved from reception to excursions in the last series but he seems to be back on reception again. I felt sorry for all the passengers who had lost their luggage - must be awful as you can't nip to the shops to buy replacements for everything from undies to evening wear. Interesting programme.