Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silverlady52

Gatwick Hotels

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,  I'm flying out from Gatwick Airport in November this year to join Britannia in St Lucia, never flown from there before, so I hoped some fellow cruisers could help by letting me know which terminal I go from ( if there's more than one), and the nearest hotel with parking. Hopefully I can use Avios miles to pay for the hotel. Over to you now.

We used to use the Hilton at the South terminal and in recent years have used the Premier Inn at the North terminal., It does not matter which terminal your flight goes from you can use the Monorail  which runs every couple of minutes from each terminal, We usually use meet and greet parking. Just look at the websites. WE like both these hotel as there is no driving involved on the morning of your flight.

There are lots of hotels near the airport but all involve driving or getting a courtesy coach to the airport before you ch=ck in.

Try the Premier Inn (North Terminal), be careful as they have a few hotels around Gatwick, this one in the pictures looks like a large grey box, it's next to the Sofitel but MUCH cheaper and is right opposite the North Terminal, we have stayed here even when flying from the South Terminal, as the free train shuttle is a 2 minute walk away.

Book about 3/4 months ahead and you can often get a room for £35/45+ (we are staying there this Thursday for £42), there is a good restaurant and bar (really not expensive for an airport hotel) and a 24 hour Costa coffee shop. It's a very busy hotel but you know exactly what you are getting AND it saves having to get a shuttle bus in the morning, who really wants to queue up for a bus with all your cases that can then take 15 minutes to get to the airport when you can stay cheaply next door and just walk in? They do Park & Fly packages using Gatwick Official Valet Parking but these can be expensive, check the price on their web site.

Alternatively for parking, look at Holiday Extra's as their site offers many options and you can often get a good deal on valet parking, the best bit of this is that the drop off point is right next door to the Premier Inn and so you have a very short walk into the hotel, you pick you car up from here on the return.

You can park off-site and just get the bus to the North Terminal and then walk to the hotel.

If you can book ahead and you certainly can, then I think this really is the best option, it really is so convenient particularly is you have an early flight and need to be at check-in early, being able to walk in means you are in control and not waiting on a shuttle bus very early in the morning.

Hope this helps.

We are also looking for next year and Sandman's looks a really good option the reviews are good and they have a meet and greet price which is the best I have seen. drive to the hotel and they will take your car away and park it securely then in the morning get a taxi to the airport around £8.50 and on your return they will meet you at the airport with your car. Price for Feb next year is £118 with 15 days parking that is good for Gatwick.