Gepaul

Hello, I'm New Today

Hello and welcome We were on arcadia 2 year ago and it was fine then.Its a adult only ship ,which we liked {nothing against kids}.We went to the fijords and it was amazing.I would recommend Arcadia and the fijords.

Hi there

We did legs of the World cruise from Southampton to Brisbane this year, and whilst previous cruises on Arcadia have been great this was a little lacking; the highpoint was to be the cruise around South America but a few days prior to the cruise start we were informed that the Argentines 'could not guarantee the safety of passengers or crew' so Buenos Aries and two other Argentine landfalls were out. These were replaced by Salvador in Brazil - dirty, sleazy, smelly, and an extra night in Montevideo - drab, plus the worst show we've ever seen, it was so bad it was hilarious. This was booked through the ship and admittedly we all got a full refund, but it did not substitute for the original Buenos Aries Tango Night which was cancelled. The worst aspect was when we arrived at the Falklands (one day before schedule) waiting for tender disembarkation, and whilst the weather was bad we only hung about for an hour before Captain Sarah journeyed on. It appears that the weather cleared late morning and the next day, the scheduled day, was beautiful and calm. Whilst disappointing for us there were a significant number of people who had come to honour relatives lost in the war, and had wreaths to lay. A real slap for them, because how often can you get from UK to the Falklands? Finally Chile was....chilly. Not for us, I'm afraid. Pi

Lesson - destinations are 'flexible'. The Captain seemed intent on saving fuel as she was able to slow right down on the 'make up the time' days without adding more appealling alternative stops.

Also, the whole on board thing was just not up to P&O scratch. The service was very good, but not excellent as it has been in the past - we don't like the pre-paid gratuity thing and opt out, preferring to give an envelope with cash for exceptional service. The food also was not the usual excellent fare (other than the asian fusion restaurant, Five Star!)

However, the entertainment was fabulous even with no 'names' appearing. Great entertainment team (the formidable Christine was Cruise Director) and the best Headliners ever!

We 've had three terrific Arcadia cruises and one (Jan to March 2013) not as good.

Sorry, my first Forum post is so long winded!

We love arcadia,booked again for leg of world cruise 2014 we think she is a well defined ship. its not the ship's fault that it did not stop  at certain port's. that's due to silly people playing politic's or cutting off there nose to spite their face ££££

Hi, i've done quite a few P&O cruises but never sailed on Arcadia so it's quite interesting to hear peoples thoughts.  I've sailed on board Oriana, Aurora, Oceana and Ventura.  Would find it hard to choose my favourite but i have thought of Arcadia for the future, helps seeing what people think on here.

Oh dear, just read this post after asking (under S.America topic) about a trip from Rio next year.

Doesn't sound very hopeful given that there has been quite a lot of trouble there recently. agh!!

Have sailed on Arcadia a few years ago to North Cape and thought she was a very nice ship,however I think she has had a refit since I last sailed on her. Would definitely sail on her again for the right destination ,although she is not my favourite P&O ship. We all have our favourites!

Guest Solent Richard

Has anyone been on Arcadia and what did you think of it

Good afternoon Gepaul.

My wife and I have done 3 Arcadia cruises, one Baltic, one Mediterranean and one Caribbean Christmas and New Year.

Arcadia is probably  neck and neck with Azura as my favourite in the P&O fleet. Not much in it at all.

Arcadia goes for a refit in November so she should have that gloss back ready for Christmas and the New Year.

Hi there

We did legs of the World cruise from Southampton to Brisbane this year, and whilst previous cruises on Arcadia have been great this was a little lacking; the highpoint was to be the cruise around South America but a few days prior to the cruise start we were informed that the Argentines 'could not guarantee the safety of passengers or crew' so Buenos Aries and two other Argentine landfalls were out. These were replaced by Salvador in Brazil - dirty, sleazy, smelly, and an extra night in Montevideo - drab, plus the worst show we've ever seen, it was so bad it was hilarious. This was booked through the ship and admittedly we all got a full refund, but it did not substitute for the original Buenos Aries Tango Night which was cancelled. The worst aspect was when we arrived at the Falklands (one day before schedule) waiting for tender disembarkation, and whilst the weather was bad we only hung about for an hour before Captain Sarah journeyed on. It appears that the weather cleared late morning and the next day, the scheduled day, was beautiful and calm. Whilst disappointing for us there were a significant number of people who had come to honour relatives lost in the war, and had wreaths to lay. A real slap for them, because how often can you get from UK to the Falklands? Finally Chile was....chilly. Not for us, I'm afraid. Pi

Lesson - destinations are 'flexible'. The Captain seemed intent on saving fuel as she was able to slow right down on the 'make up the time' days without adding more appealling alternative stops.

Also, the whole on board thing was just not up to P&O scratch. The service was very good, but not excellent as it has been in the past - we don't like the pre-paid gratuity thing and opt out, preferring to give an envelope with cash for exceptional service. The food also was not the usual excellent fare (other than the asian fusion restaurant, Five Star!)

However, the entertainment was fabulous even with no 'names' appearing. Great entertainment team (the formidable Christine was Cruise Director) and the best Headliners ever!

We 've had three terrific Arcadia cruises and one (Jan to March 2013) not as good.

Sorry, my first Forum post is so long winded!

Hello

I will confirm all you  say is correct as we were on this cruise and it was not a good experience at all. Most of my  Australian friends were deeply upset and disappointed as were many, many, British. There were so many things wrong with this cruise that is turned into a cruise from hell.

I hope all the people who are suing P&O get a good result.