Sign in to follow this  
kerry304

'World-class' Entertainment coming to P&O!

Hi, I haven't been on here for a while but having just read a news bulletin about P&O's new entertainment i thought i'd write!

Brian McFadden and Keith Duffy of Westlife & Boyzone fame will be performing a new show in Britannia's Limelight Club called 'Boyzlife'! From what i can gather it's only on one cruise in August but the tickets are £49 each including a three-course meal. They're on for a few nights so a good chance to see it.

According to the news  'Guests will be treated to a night of reminiscing and nostalgia during an exciting show packed full of untold stories from their days on the road as well as popular Westlife and Boyzone hits such as ‘No Matter What’ and ‘Flying Without Wings’.

Is anyone on this cruise? 

2 minutes ago, sammy sun said:

I posted something on this earlier when I saw it on social media. Not for me I'm afraid, I'll steer clear.

sammy sun i cant believe you wouldnt enjoy a bit of 'Love Me For A Reason..' :lol:

Hi everyone,

Yes this is true and below is the official statement from P&O Cruises.

This summer, Brian McFadden and Keith Duffy will be bringing a bit of boy band magic to the high seas with their recently formed super group, Boyzlife.

Brian McFadden and Keith Duffy - part of the multi-platinum, record breaking bands, Westlife and Boyzone - will be performing in Britannia’s Limelight Club for five nights from August 12 to 16, 2017. Guests will be treated to a night of reminiscing and nostalgia during an exciting show packed full of untold stories from their days on the road as well as popular Westlife and Boyzone hits such as ‘No Matter What’ and ‘Flying Without Wings’.

Keith Duffy said: “We are very excited to be taking our sell-out tour to sea and entertaining Britannia’s guests with music and stories from life on the road with our respective bands. After 20 years on the road, we’ve grown up and it’s great to be able to look back, reminisce and give our fans the inside track story of how we felt at the time. I am especially delighted to be back on Britannia after filming Battlechefs last year but this time I will be swapping my chef’s hat for a microphone.”

Boyzlife will be performing on the first five nights of Britannia’s 14-night Spain, France & Italy cruise round trip from Southampton.

Tickets for each show will cost £49 per person to include a three-course meal.

P&O Cruises senior vice president Paul Ludlow said: “At P&O Cruises we are constantly looking at new ways in which we can enhance the experience of our guests. Our guests already enjoy world-class entertainment on board all our ships but I believe they will be especially excited to see such a high profile act as Boyzlife in the intimate setting of Britannia’s Limelight Club.”

If you would like further information on this cruise, please call us on 01246 819 819.

Trouble is they`re 2 of the respective band members who couldn`t sing! That`s why one hads been acting and the other fronting a cookery programme rather than releasing music!  I`d be at the other end of the ship too.

So they have put the price up from £22pp to £49pp to see a backing singer from Boyzone and one who left in the very early days of Westlife . I am not on this cruise but if I was I am sorry but wouldn't pay £49pp to include 3 course meal I will go in MDR and have 5 course meal that I have already paid for.

as they say, singers do cruise ships twice in thier careers, once on the way up, and once again on the way down :)

sorry thats mean, I think a lot of people will enjoy this, and having done the limelight club I can recommend the food and venue as spot on

If P&O now believe their entertainment is that poor they have to bring in "has beens" and then charge extra it says a lot! There are planty of up and coming acts which would, I am sure, would love to have the opportunity of performing on cruise ships without having to pay over the top fees. Come on P&O - get somebtalent scouts out there to give hew talent the chance! 

11 hours ago, Captain Kidd II said:

If P&O now believe their entertainment is that poor they have to bring in "has beens" and then charge extra it says a lot! There are planty of up and coming acts which would, I am sure, would love to have the opportunity of performing on cruise ships without having to pay over the top fees. Come on P&O - get somebtalent scouts out there to give hew talent the chance! 

Couldn't agree more Captain, I had a pleasant day in the City Centre where I reside yesterday, and some of the street buskers would knock the socks off Keith and Brian.

If their talent scouts just went into some of the City/Town Centres around the country, I'm sure they could pick up some great acts, and they'd be a lot cheaper than these two has beens.

HLM.