Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jersey Girl

Weather in Norwegian Fjords in May

9 posts in this topic

We are cruising Fjords in May and taking my elderly parents, as we have never been to Norway we have no idea what kind of weather to pack for, can anyone advise please?

May to mid June is a lovely time of year to go to see waterfalls / rivers  in full flow and the fruit trees starting to blossom. Real fluctuations in temperatures between southern and northern parts of the country though - averages 13c  or so  in south to 4/5 in Tromso so depends where you are going. Really unpredictable at this time with warm sunny days interspersed with cold ones. Take layers and a raincoat / umbrella would be my advise to be prepared for anything but you`ll love it. The sights are fantastic - one of my favourite cruises so far.

Jersey Girl and Davybe like this

We went at the end of May last year and had beautiful weather. Like you we had never been there before and did not know what to expect. It was a fantastic cruise which I hope you all enjoy.

Jersey Girl likes this

You can have lovely sunny weather in May, but best to be prepared for anything and take some clothes to suit all weather and a brolly. As has been said, the waterfalls will be in full flow in May  and you will be amazed with the scenery. Enjoy.

Jersey Girl likes this

Just to add to the advice already given ,Consider taking some decent walking foot wear.

A Friend did this cruise a couple of years ago,( they always take walking shoes on every cruise) He told on return that they had a very snowy day and people were well wrapped up but were slipping as they had not got suitable footwear? Hopefully you will not need cold weather gear....Davybe   

I wold suggest packing for the weather as you would in the UK as Norway can be just as changeable, good advice from Davybe as well with regards to the footwear

As other members have already suggested pack for all weather and be prepared for unpredictable weather. I'd also suggest some good walking boots as the sights are amazing and you're sure to do quite a bit of walking.

Jersey Girl likes this

we are also hoping to do the fjords this summer and also a little unsure of the weather after doing some research looks as though may is one of the better times although not quite as warm as july usually not as wet so hopefully you should be fine , although like the others have said layers and waterproofs are a good idea. enjoy

Jersey Girl likes this