Davybe

$40m refit for Queen Victoria.

17 hours ago, The Seven Seas said:

Thanks for posting Davybe. If I remember rightly QM2 didn't look too different from the initial design pictures when she was remastered, so lets hope it's the same for Queen Victoria.

I think a lot of us would not like our favorite ship to change to much when they "remodel " them .

Must say I loved QE when we sailed on her plenty of space per passenger....Davybe

It would be nice to know some details of what rooms have gone. The last time we were on the Queen Victoria we were told that the Champagne Bar, Cafe Corinthea and the Chart Room Bars on deck 2 were going, probably to make way for more specialty restaurants. To me, if these bars have disappeared it mean less seated areas for guests to relax and have  pre dinner drinks or whatever. We liked the Queen Victoria because of the seated areas.

Pip

On 26/03/2017 at 0:36 PM, piphardy said:

It would be nice to know some details of what rooms have gone. The last time we were on the Queen Victoria we were told that the Champagne Bar, Cafe Corinthea and the Chart Room Bars on deck 2 were going, probably to make way for more specialty restaurants. To me, if these bars have disappeared it mean less seated areas for guests to relax and have  pre dinner drinks or whatever. We liked the Queen Victoria because of the seated areas.

Pip

Together with the additional Staterooms being added towards the stern to make her stern more like QE, I believe that the Cafe Corinthia and Champagne Bar will become the Chart Room. The Present Chart Room will be converted for Britannia Club Dining.

see

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-ships/queen-victoria1/refit-for-a-queen/

and

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-ships/queen-victoria1/deck-plans/

Edited by pennbank

If you look at the deck plans for after refit in June 2017 The staterooms at the back  (Aft) on Deck 8 show as being

converted to Q4 however if you attempt to book those after June they still show up as Q5 and Q6

8.174 8.176 8.178 8.181 8.179

wonder what they will be? On QE they are still Q5 and Q6

booking engine after refit.png

after refit.png

Pre refit.png

Edited by pennbank

Pictures do look great but Cunard have never really been at the top of my 'to do list' when looking for future cruises. I think that largely revolves around me having a young daughter now and the Cunard style of cruising is not ideal for what we'd be looking for as a younger family. The dining looks great and the cabins look lovely but I'm always attracted elsewhere over Cunard. 

The details are shown in the latest edition of 'Cunarder' along with artists impressions of the refurbished Queens Grill suites and the new Britannia Club cabins and dining area. Haven't shown any from Mauritania. Hemispheres becomes the Yacht Club and the Chart Room is on the move to Cafe Carinthias' current location. looking forward to going back on board after its all done.

Just completed the San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale segment last week. QV is still looking great , part of the area just before the MDR was reserved during day for World Voyage group.  Most of the changes will follow the  QM2 type changes which are making some folks upset with new cabins towards stern on top deck.

New engines will be installed and hopefully the flush system of the cabin toilets will be improved with more pressure or wider tubes for flow. Ours backed up a few times or the flush was very slow or non existent.

One of favourite day time activities was reading in the Winter Garden while enjoying a drink or two , basking in the sun

QV is a fine ship with excellent staff.. We truly enjoyed our 17 day voyage

Edited by RobBar