Sign in to follow this  
WAVES

Will you ever go back to land-based holiday again?

I hate airports now and baggage reclaim area, so Southampton and back to Southampton is just so easy, and enjoyable, hassle free holidays, we do land base long weekends, have used euro star.

saying all that after over 30 Cruises we still they are the holiday for us.

Just back from France so that answers the question. However!! I did miss the waking up to a new sight everyday and beng able to walk do to the restuarant with a good choice of food.  Having said that I also have 3 cruises and a river cruise booked over the next 18 months. Just one happy traveller.

We are relatively new to cruising. Our first one was to see the northern lights in Norway which we were lucky enough to see.  A cruise just seemed to be the best option to do that. Our next one takes in the Dalmatian coast and cruising just seemed the best way to see that too. For us it’s all about the destination and if cruising does it better then that’s what we will do. We have our favourite go to land based destinations like Santorini in a cave house with amazing views and  where we know all the places to get fantastic local food so I think we will always do a mix of both. 

if i am able to fly again then yes i would go back to land based holidays booking the flights and hotels myself, as a widower cruises and package holidays penalise you as a single traveller far too much. i enjoy cruises dont get me wrong but anything up to 100% supplement is too much. and the single cabin malarchy is a con half the time its cheaper to book a double cabin for single occupency.