Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid Jessica

Aqua Class

Presume you are talking Celebrity?  

Never been in Aqua class but on Solstice ships the cabins are the same size and layout and from a quick view not worth the extra IMO, and I don't think access to the tiny aqua lounge would be worth the extra cost; on Millenium class I believe they are bigger cabins so might be worth a bit extra.  

I have never tried Aqua class, but according to friends the main benefit is using Blu restaurant for breakfast and dinner.  It is much smaller than the MDR and most people seem to think the menu is more like a specialty restaurant.  I have encountered a couple of people on board who didn't like the food there, but they would seem to be in the minority.

We have done many cruises on Celebrity and I have never heard of an Aqua lounge, tiny or otherwise.  There is a suite lounge where I believe drinks are free all day, but this is not available to Aqua class.

Sheila

In Aqua you get a daily jug of fruit tea, a full power shower with several jets to aim at your body, extra toiletries, "2" hairdryers, a footstool for each chair on the balcony, priority delivery of luggage.  They have however stopped the bottle of fizz you used to get (cost cutting).   If you use the Persian Garden and sauna's then the cabins are conveniently situated near them (we didn't use).

However you get your own dining room Blu.  the menu is lighter variation on the menu in the MDR, but you still get the usual standard options and should you require something from the MDR menu they will get it for you.  Blu is also open for breakfast and makes a change from the usual scrum in the Oceanview café.  We did get bored with the food though and the last cruise and next few cruises are in the MDR.  Please note they don't have their own lounge that is for suites.

If you get the opportunity at not too much cost try it but I would not pay the difference they have at the moment.

Edited by suenneil

4 minutes ago, Mermaid Jessica said:

Thanks, still wondering which would be best. I might have to look at BLUs menu and see if the food is to my taste before commiting.

Hi,  if the cost difference is around £100 or less then try Aqua, if you don't like the food in Blu then go to the MDR, there is no restriction.  Blu is a very nice and relaxed dining room and that in itself is worth the extra.  The staff have more time for you and its not like eating on a conveyor belt.  The portions are smaller too than the MDR and the food is tasty.

(I am not mean but wont pay more than £100 each for the upgrade which is why we are not travelling Aqua at the moment but should prices fall then we will change)

Since booking an Aqua cabin we have never looked back.  Although not using the Persian garden very much we would eat in Blu everytime over the main dining room.  We have cruised on 6 different Celebrity ships and all bar 1 have booked Aqua class.  The main appeal for us is the intimacy that Blue offers.  The majority of tables are for couples but near enough to the next table to chat if you wish and ideal if you don't want to.  Should you meet up with like minded Aqua passengers then sitting at a table for 4 is not a problem either.  If you want a change then you can always use the main dining room, but as a previous comment stated you can always ask for something off the MDR.  French Onion Soup, Caesar salad for example are always available as an alternative.

If you would use the sauna, steam room, relaxation room etc then Aqua is a no brainer as entry is free for Aqua class.

We last cruised in February and the bottle of fizz was still provided so obviously that has been removed recently.

We have been in an Aqua class cabin several times ,it was worth it but not anymore IMO ,Shower fabulous whole body shower ,but cabin's for the most part have a lot of shade overt them ,which if you like sunshine ,you will get very little on your balcony.

Eating in Blu first class ,excellent breakfast ,and the Diner's are very good ,you can ask for one off the MDR menu if you do not fancy anything . and it is open dining.

They upped the prices to much and we switched to a Balcony Cabin and ate in the MDR we found the food and service very good ,and do not think Aqua Class is worth the money to us us...Davybe

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, Mermaid Jessica said:

Has anyone stayed in Aqua class before? Is it worth it and what extras do i get?

Unsure if spending the extra money is worthwhile...

Yes, 3 x cruises and off to the Baltics next week on Celebrity Eclipse. Previous cruises on Reflection and Equinox, all in Aqua Class. Yes, it is worth the extra, the cabins have extra amenities (Dressing gowns, slippers, toiletries for aqua only), with daily fresh fruit, herbal infused tea freshly delivered each day, canapés on formal nights, hydro shower, access to the Persian Gardens for sauna, steam rooms, hot beds etc., access to Blu restaurant (Select dining venue with a lighter cuisine, and more choice) for Breakfast (Table side Muesli is to die for) and Dinner with great full window views for those at sea sunsets and morning sail ins. Another little unknown area for Aqua guests is the relaxation lounge on the same deck as Aqua suites, with a full panoramic view on soft double loungers forward. Great for sail-aways (Montenegro was amazing just laid on these beds). Priority embarkation and disembarkation (WE can get onboard next Sunday at 10.30am in Southampton). There are 2 levels A1 and A2 depending on ship position. Some suites do have shaded balconies, but some also have extended large balconies (Pick your cabin carefully). Add in (Upgrade form classic package) the premium beverage package (£9.00 per day extra per passenger) and the wine waiters keep your glass topped up, and can easily have different wines for each course, and speciality coffees. Also gives you all of the martini bar cocktails and premium brand gins, vodkas, liquors etc.

A real extravagant treat on port days or sea days (more expensive) is the hire of a Cabana (Not available on all Celebrity ships) for the entire day, really spoilt with your own waiter for drinks, snacks, shade up or down, total chill all day.

As others have said, if the 'surcharge' is not too great then go for it however, BEWARE, the big down side can be cabin location. Aqua have supposedly cabins in the best locations, high up and central, but the Aqua class deck on Solstice class ships are immediately below the Lido deck and have a large overhang from the deck above. This creates shadow and little sun for the bulk of the day. Aqua class forward and aft are not in the best (central) location but they do not suffer from the overhang. If you like time in the sun on your balcony, then choose your cabin carefully.

I totally agree with Southampton Mike. We were unfortunate enough to have an Aqua class cabin that we chose for its midship position but it was in the shade all day because of the overhang from the deck above, which completely spoilt our cruise. There was also noise from the Lido deck above. We tried to move but the ship was full. We had booked Aqua class as some good friends of ours had raved about the food in the BLU restaurant but to be honest we didn't think it was anything special and we ate in the MDR as often. We definitely wouldn't pay the extra.

I also agree with Southampton Mike on this. Whilst the benefits of Aqua Class can be good, the cabin positions can leave a bit to be desired. On paper they look exceptional but in reality, our position, as others have mentioned, came with an overhang that did mean a lot of shade. The cabin itself was beautiful and the perks were a bit of a treat but I haven't booked Aqua since. Concierge is my ideal choice these days for good value.

On 07/04/2017 at 10:16 AM, smtcan said:

I have never tried Aqua class, but according to friends the main benefit is using Blu restaurant for breakfast and dinner.  It is much smaller than the MDR and most people seem to think the menu is more like a specialty restaurant.  I have encountered a couple of people on board who didn't like the food there, but they would seem to be in the minority.

We have done many cruises on Celebrity and I have never heard of an Aqua lounge, tiny or otherwise.  There is a suite lounge where I believe drinks are free all day, but this is not available to Aqua class.

Sheila

At the front of the Aqua deck ,and part of the Spa area they have a small area ,which is like being on the bridge , the spa clients sometimes wait there ,we used it when you had to show your card to enter ,but recently they have nobody checking who can go in there ,just has some wicker type beds and comfy chairs...Davybe