Sign in to follow this  
Yiddish Boy

Shalom/Hello

Shalom Pesky and Afcandrew (just got back from a few days away...sorry for late reply). We too are on the Oriana, not been on it before, though in truth, I'm not really bothered about individual ships (ships-shmips....as we say) I'm just happy to get off this island (UKplc) every once in a while, frankly I'd take a barrel if I had to!!!! 

We've done Arcadia twice....nice boat. I know the Oriana is smaller (pocket-cruise liner if you will) so I expect it to be a different experience. Though, quite frankly, they're all big to me! We are on the July cruise to France, Spain and Guernsey. 

Ah - we are on the June cruise with an almost identical itinerary, so our paths will not cross after all.  I have also been on Arcadia twice and enjoyed her both times.  Oriana feels a lot smaller but isn't really that much smaller really.  She is more traditional in decor than Arcadia although I understand the recent refit has given some of her public rooms a slightly more contemporary feel.  I hope you enjoy her.

Hmph!  You can tell me all about your holiday Afcandrew and perhaps I can pick up some things to look out for? My endearing memory of the Arcadia was waking up (balcony room) to the awesome sight of the Seven Sisters water falls in Norway!!!! Looking forward to seeing  Santiago de Compostela..... 

I loved the TV series "The Naked Pilgrim" with the late Brian Sewell, a coach trip to the place is , I know , a cop out (you are supposed to walk it) but then I'm Jewish  , not Catholic...so it's allowed!!!!