Sign in to follow this  
mikey1958

Introducing myself

Hello all, thought I'd give this forum a go with all you fellow cruise enthusiasts.

I live with my wife in Leamington Spa, and being of a certain age we have enjoyed cruises for years now. I think overall we have been on 6 and do not plan on stopping there (most recently on the Oceana around the Canaries with my grandchildren - fantastic!)

Our next adventure will be with P&O on the Arcadia, visiting the baltics. If anyone has any tips regarding excursions I'd be very grateful! We are visiting Copenhagen, Tallinn, St Petersburg and Stockholm amongst others and would love to see as much of these cities as we can.

Thanks.

Nice to meet you!

My daughter's partner grew up very close to Leamington Spa! Kenilworth to be precise.

Wow, I'd love to have been on 6 cruises! I'm relatively new to cruising. After I lost my second husband three years ago I started going on cruises to make new friends and have been on two already.

I went on a Scandanavian cruise with my daughter Rachel last year - Copenhagen was great fun. Make sure that you pay a visit to Tivoli Gardens and obviously get a photo of yourself and your wife with the Little Mermaid statue! My grandaughter was 4 when we went and she was incredibly chuffed to see Granny with the Little Mermaid as she is Disney crazy!

Ah Stockholm, make sure that you look but don't touch if you know what I mean! So many beautiful ladies and a bit of eye candy for the Mrs too I'm sure.

Joking aside, jump on one of the sightseeing boats - they take you around some of the 30,000 or so islands and you can eat on board in the ship's restaurant. Great excursion. If you're a bit of an adrenaline junkie like me, then why not give the rooftop tour a bit of a go  - you can get some great photos from a different point of view.

Guest Christine

Our next adventure will be with P&O on the Arcadia, visiting the baltics. If anyone has any tips regarding excursions I'd be very grateful! We are visiting Copenhagen, Tallinn, St Petersburg and Stockholm amongst others and would love to see as much of these cities as we can.

Thanks.

I can't say I've been on a baltic cruise, but I did spend some time in St. Petersburg some years back and can't stress enough how beautiful St. Isaac's Cathedral is. If you have the time you should definitely try to visit!

Stockholm is also absolutely stunning, Gamla Stan is a must see.

Christine

Great advice thanks everyone!

Especially excited about Stockholm as it looks to be a beautiful city. I will have to now look into the boat tour and of course visit Gamla Stan if we have time.

Has anyone been to Tallinn?

oh so jealous your going to the baltics was my fave itinaray! st petersburg is amazing and glad we did the excursions as i wouldnt have like to naviagte on my own its massive! we managed to do all the other ports under our own steam as the buses take you to the centre of each port. loved doing the boat tours round stiockholm only 10 euros for the day to hop on hop off!